ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel has wrong city and postcode

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
justmadz

Parcel has wrong city and postcode

Post by justmadz »

Hi, totally my fault and really embarrassing but while ordering a new phone I got my street name correct, but the city and postcode wrong. Unfortunately I don't have a working phone, so I can't call them but I have sent an email. The tracking page says it's currently stuck in the depot for the city I put. Any ideas on what to do?

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Parcel has wrong city and postcode

Post by SpacePhoenix »

If you stick the address that you put in (with the wrong city and postcode) does it come up with a match?

If it does then delivery will be attempted to that address. Most likely the depot will return the item to the sender.