ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail failed to collect my mail over 20 times since August

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
moonhop

Royal Mail failed to collect my mail over 20 times since August

Post by moonhop »

Royal Mail have failed to collect my mail over 20 times since August. It has got so bad that I sent this to the CEO over a week ago but no response. After failing to collect my mail yesterday I went to the depot this morning and was told that the manager was unavailable due to being on a long phone call. Can somebody here tell me if I have the right email address for Mr Sidenberg? I have sent five emails to the depot manager but not one has been acknowledged.

Dear Mr Sidenberg,
I am at my wits end with my local delivery office. I have made so many complaints about the inability of my depot manager to sort out the problem and put a stop to the constant failure to collect mail from my address. I have a leg injury and on Facebook I have been told by RM employees to "Go to a post office" and "what do I expect from a free service" and various insults I will not repeat here.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that I'm only using this service because I have a leg injury. And the fact that it is a free collection service is why I am using it. I'm unable to take it to the local depot because they are only open two hours a day. If I go to a Post Office there's normally a 30 minute wait because they all go for a break at the same time and it still takes them 10 minutes to do every overseas parcel which means standing in a queue for over an hour the last time I went which is not good for my leg.

I have made so many complaints that eventually the manager of the depot came to my doorstep & we had a good conversation about what should and what shouldn't be happening. He promised me it wouldn't happen again and gave me his email address
REDACTED@royalmail.com It happened again three days later so I've emailed him five or six times and still have no reply over a week later. I have lost count how many times I have been fobbed off "I promise you,will be resolved. This will not happen again" said Mario, "This is unacceptable" said Dapo etc etc then it happens again only a few days later.

Ref 1-10842399589
Ref 1-11073235516

Ref No Case 1-10989772810 for Escalation
Sharon called me back and said she would call me back when she hears from the depot manager. I asked her to contact the area manager but no reply from her for over a week.

Called again at 3.30 to 4.15 and spoke to Chizobam CS advisor to explain they failed to pick up again today and said I was not at home. She spoke to the depot manager who is coming to pick up the parcels tomorrow 26th Jan but would not give me the name of the manager.

Shaun the Manager came to see me. He is the main manager but there is a woman manager under him. His email address is...

REDACTED@royal mail.com

Ref No 1-9788765084
CUSTOMER.SERVICE@ROYALMAIL.COM

On Facebook some postmen say they can refuse to collect the mail.

I hope you will be able to get to the bottom of this because I am at my wits end.