ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel collected, hour later email stated collection failed

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Chef

Parcel collected, hour later email stated collection failed

Post by Chef »

my parcel was collected on 2 Jan at 3.25pm (rather later than usual)by 2 male workers both in non RM clothing , tho one had a reader/scanner on him . I expected as per usual that I'd be able to see it had been collected in the system etc.,but no. I presumed it would be tracked eventually.

At 5pm approx I received an email saying "your collection failed and to book another collection, etc. The tracking info said ‘we’re expecting it.’ and that it hadn't yet been collected etc "
This never happened before.

I was a bit suprised by two middle aged fellas who wore no RM uniform , Tho they said they were from Royal mail and one had a scanner with him, i thought ok strange but whatever. Not sure if they were Xmas workers, agency or short staffed or what .
The tracking of my parcel is so far saying 'not collected and that they tried to collect it '. (We were in all day on Jan 2nd ).... I had phoned the RM customer phoneline just after i got the email , they said they'd open a case etc, but weren't really that helpful other than that . Apparently it may take 72 hours for the SDO to make investigations.
Whats the usual procedure for this situation, I've no proof my parcel was collected

Thanks in advance for any advice.