ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Incorrect Postcode on 24 Hr tracked Item

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
bigbird70

Incorrect Postcode on 24 Hr tracked Item

Post by bigbird70 »

Hi All - really hope you can help me - MZ138511103GB has been sent to NE15 not N15 (my mistake) and it is sitting in Tyneside MC. There is no return address on the package of course as that would be useful..... Is there any way to get this sent back to me from NE15 - my address is in an invoice inside the package. Thank you!

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Incorrect Postcode on 24 Hr tracked Item

Post by SpacePhoenix »

It's going to depend on what postcode is encoded in the 2D barcode. Tyneside MC use a machine to sort packets, which reads the addres encoded in the 2D barcode. There's a similar post in the forums recently where a packet is playing ping pong between a DO and Tyneside MC
mw7485

Post by mw7485 »

What about the new stop & recall service for tracked items.....can't remember exactly what its called....or is that only for volume customers?
bigbird70

Post by bigbird70 »

Royal Mail have done a fabulous job. Parcel made its way to the address I had put on the label. Unfortunately this was the registered address of the business I bought from not their address for returning items. I have a picture of my package. The business I sent it to have told me they have returned to sender - my name and address on the label of course which I didnā€™t realise. They posted it locally and said they took it to a post office but I have no tracking info.

Is there any way of knowing where it is?

I just hope they have posted it - I suppose I will know in the next few days šŸ˜£
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Without a tracking number, and the fact is Christmas it's impossible to locate or know where 1 parcel is among the millions in the system on any day.

Hopefully, it will turn up as the last posting date has not yet passed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."