ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MC Handheld Acceptance – inferred from container receipt

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
mm_post

Post by mm_post »

Hi,

I'd really appreciate any advice as to what anyone thinks might be happening with this parcel and what that status might mean, before I try and call RM.

Tracking Number: YD135342241GB

This is going to the Isle of Man via RM Tracked 48 and was picked up by the Postie on 4th December. My understanding is Tracked 48 to Isle of Man is treated like a normal mainland delivery.

It looks like the below and I don't know what "MC Handheld Acceptance – inferred from container receipt" means?

Is this pending going on a plane / ferry to Isle of Man or might there be some other problem?

9 Dec 2023
10:47am

8 Dec 2023
6:56pm

5 Dec 2023
8:20am
Item Received

5 Dec 2023
8:20am
ITEM SCAN

4 Dec 2023
10:10am
Item Collected

4 Dec 2023
10:10am
Collected (Doorstep)

3 Dec 2023
6:40pm
ITEM ADVISED

3 Dec 2023
6:34pm
Sender despatching item
3 Dec 2023
5:20pm

Tracking number provided

yellowbelly

Re: MC Handheld Acceptance – inferred from container receipt

Post by yellowbelly »

Not a mail centre worker myself but as an educated guess your parcel has been put on a manifest (or list for want of a better word, don't know the correct term) with a load of other parcels in a transportation container which has a barcode which is scanned and it's 'assumed' that all the parcels on the list are in that container at each stage of the onward journey. The whole container is likely going to IoM. Saves each individual parcel being scanned.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The 2 after Manchester that mention container could mean that the item is being sent over to the Isle of Man by Ferry. certainly those 2 scans don't show on my tracking check a few minutes ago.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired
Islander53

Post by Islander53 »

I’m in a similar position with delayed Tracked 48 to the Isle of Man. I understand that MC refers to mail centre rather than Manchester.
Not only IOM residents but others in the UK are not aware of this anomaly in the Royal Mail process, is it fair that we have to pay for a service that we do not get?
yellowbelly

Post by yellowbelly »

Islander53 wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 09:53
I’m in a similar position with delayed Tracked 48 to the Isle of Man. I understand that MC refers to mail centre rather than Manchester.
Not only IOM residents but others in the UK are not aware of this anomaly in the Royal Mail process, is it fair that we have to pay for a service that we do not get?
It's in the T&C's for sending T24/48 to IM postcodes that timings do not apply - but how many of us actually read T&C's, contracts, software EULA that pop up on our PC's etc. You're getting tracked but without the time window.

You could just pay for 'normal' delivery but then you're not getting the tracking. It's one of those quirks with IoM, Channel Islands, Outer Isles etc.