ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Questions about Portsmouth

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Chris2002

Questions about Portsmouth

Post by Chris2002 »

Hey Guys

Wondering if any postal workers in Portsmouth can help with the following queries that I have:

1 No sign of Royal Mail lorries at the Southsea Hovercraft now. Have they stooped using the service?

2 Are Royal Mail making the post box emptying times earlier? I ask this because when I posted a few things at the Portsmouth Voyager Park Office the post box had a sticker saying that the last collection was 6pm (it used to be 7:30pm at the city centre office a few years ago).

If anyone can comment I would be grateful.

The service with sending and receiving post isn't great at the moment, but I'm not blaming you guys. As shown on TV when they were in front of the MPs the senior management are both dishonest and incapable. Royal mail is a failing business IMHO - you and us customers deserve better.

Many thanks.

BenacreNick

Re: Questions about Portsmouth

Post by BenacreNick »

Chris, I empty 3 post boxes daily, the 1st one at 9am because that's when I walk past it.

Not really ideal situation.

But when we get back the letters go 1 hour down the road at 3pm.