ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Incident Bulletin

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Incident Bulletin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Last updated: 8th of March 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up to date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service Update

Export

Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual.

Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations.

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see hereOpens in a new window for links to the overseas’ Posts websites to access tracking information.

Customers sending items requiring a customs declaration (such as goods or gifts) internationally should purchase postage online, through shipping solutions or over the counter at Post Office branches rather than using Postage Stamps or Meters.

A small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers remain unavailable however alternative services are available for use. 

Import

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays.

We would like to apologise to impacted customers for the disruption. 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 9th of March 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up to date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service Update
Export

Customers using International Tracked / International Tracked and Signed services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We are seeing some delays to some Tracking events in a small number of destinations.

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites. Please see hereOpens in a new window for links to the overseas’ Posts websites to access tracking information.

Customers sending items requiring a customs declaration (such as goods or gifts) internationally should purchase postage online, through shipping solutions or over the counter at Post Office branches rather than using Postage Stamps or Meters.

A small number of International Untracked services for Business Contract customers remain unavailable however alternative services are available for use. 

Import

"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 10th of March 2023

Service Update

Export

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites.

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 13th of March 2023

Service Update

Export

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites.

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 14th of March 2023

Service Update

Export

As we continue to work with our partners to resolve this, if you cannot see tracking information for your items then it is likely to be available on the overseas’ Posts own tracking websites

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 15th of March 2023

Service Update

Export

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 16th of March 2023

Service Update
Export

Import

Belgium

Start date: 6 March 2023
Latest update:9 March 2023
End date:To be advised
Incident: Industrial Action

Belgian Post have advised that Belgian Unions have called a 24 hour strike on Friday 10th March 2023. Delays are likely to be experienced during this period

New Zealand
Start date: 31 January 2023
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Torrential Rain / Cyclone

Incident one

NZ Post have informed us that torrential rain across the Auckland region has caused widespread flooding. The severe weather conditions in Auckland and surrounding regions are affecting the delivery and collection of all mail items and a state of emergency has been declared. Further weather-related disruption is expected in the coming days.

All international inbound/outbound mail handling and processing is affected as extreme flooding and road closures into and out of Auckland have impacted NZ Post’s ability to transport mail and complete deliveries in many areas. As a result, delays should be expected

Incident two

NZ Post have informed us that a national state of emergency was lifted on the 3rd March with a number of areas now in the recovery stage. Local states of emergency remain in place in the Hawkes Bay and Tairawhiti regions. Movement of mail has resumed but this will impact NZ Post’s ability to transport mail and complete deliveries in some areas and as a result, delays may still be expected

Greece
Start date: 12 March 2023
Latest update:15 March 2023

The Hellenic Post Office Greece have informed us that the Association of Civil Servants has called a strike on the 16th March for 24 hours. Air Traffic controllers will also take part in this. Delays are likely to be experienced during this period

Vanuatu

Start date: 13 February 2023
Latest Update: 9 March 2023
Incident: Tropical Cyclone

Vanuatu Post have advised that a State of Emergency has been declared for the whole country in the wake of two cyclones which have struck the country. The state of emergency is expected to last for at least 6 months. Postal operations will continue throughout by delays should be expected

Italy
Start date: 13 March 2023
Latest update:14 March 2023
End date:

Poste Italiane have informed us that a 24 hour strike has been called for the 17th March by Unions of the Airport Handlers and all other Airport personnel. Disruption is expected and delays are likely to be observed during and immediately after the strike
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 20th of March 2023

Service Update

Export

Import

Malawi
Start date: 4 March 2023
Latest update:16 March 2023
Incident: Cyclone Freddy

Malawi Post have advised that Cyclone Freddy has hit the Southern Region with very strong winds, floods and landslides. Many businesses have closed and infrastructure has been severely affected. A situation of force majeure has been declared and delays are to be expected throughout this period
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 21st of March 2023

Service Update

Export

Import

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 29th of March 2023

Israel

Start date: 27 March 2023
Latest update: 28 March 2023
Incident: National Strike

Latest Update

Israeli Post have advised that the workers union the nationwide strike ended on the 28th March 2023. Short delays may still be experienced whilst the post recovers
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 3rd of April 2023

Service Update
Export

Import

Israel
Latest update: 28 March 2023
Incident: National Strike

Latest Update

Israeli Post have advised that the workers union the nationwide strike ended on the 28th March 2023. Short delays may still be experienced whilst the post recovers

Peru
Start date: 7 December 2022
Latest Update: 3 April 2023
End date: 3 April 2023
Incident: State of emergency

Latest Update
Peruvian Post has informed that the civil unrest and protests have now ceased. Delays may still be experienced during the period of recovery and associated activities
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 12th of April 2023

Cyprus
Start date: 5 April 2023
Latest update: 11 April 2023
Incident: Flooding

Latest Update

Cyprus Post have advised that owing to flooding in the government node premises most of their government accessed web services aren't functioning and this is affecting their postal services. Delivery delays are likely whilst services are restored locally
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 19th of April 2023

Israel
Latest update: 11 April 2023
Incident: National Strike / Cyber Incident

Incident one

Incident two

Israeli Post have advised us they were subject to a cyber incident and are currently investigating. They have taken precautionary steps to shut down some systems which may affect certain tracking events and their processing operation.

Norway
Start date: 11 April 2023
Latest update: 19 April 2023
End date: To be advised
Incident: National Strikes

Latest Update

Postnord have advised us that a national strike began on the 17th April. The strike will affect delivery and delays are to be expected during this period
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 9th of May 2023

USA
Start date: 25 April 2023
Latest update: 3rd May 2023
End date: Expected 7th May 2023
Incident: Extended Journey Time

Latest Update

We have been informed that owing to resourcing shortages in Chicago it is likely to take an additional 3 days for items posted between the 25th April and the 3rd May to the following zip codes 90-99, 350-359, 370-388, 400-800 and 962-966.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Democratic Republic of Congo
Start date: 26 April 2023
Latest Update: 19 May 2023
Incident: Flooding

The Democratic Republic of Congo Postal Service have informed that floods occured on the 4th May 2023 in Kalehe in the East of the country which has resulted in infrastructure damages. Delays are to expected throughout this period