ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Incident Bulletin

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Incident Bulletin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Last updated: Monday 23rd of January 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up to date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service update: 23rd of January 2023
Following the recent cyber incident, we have now resumed international export despatches for all mail streams including parcels and letters across a growing number of destinations. We are making good progress in despatching items that are already in our network across all our services. Please note you may see less tracking information than usual as we continue to restore our services. At this time, we continue to ask customers not to submit new parcels for export as our initial focus is to clear mail that has already been processed and is waiting to be despatched. We will update further on this service resumption as soon as possible.

Additionally, we have resumed the export of the below services to all international destinations and customers are now able to send the following into the Royal Mail network:

International Standard and International Economy letters which do not require a customs declaration (i.e. these letters do not contain goods);
International Business Standard (untracked) and International Business Economy personal correspondence letters (which do not require a customs declaration

Customers in Northern Ireland are now also able to submit both export letters and export parcels bound for Ireland into the Royal Mail network again through all channels including Northern Ireland post boxes and Post Office branches. Online customers will be able to print labels on Royal Mail shipping systems from 1900 this evening. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland. They are not available for customers based in Great Britain where export restrictions related to the cyber incident on parcels being sent to Ireland continue to apply.

Royal Mail continues to work with external experts, the security authorities and regulators to mitigate the impact of this cyber incident, with a focus on restoring all services for export letters and parcels. Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays. Royal Mail domestic services remain unaffected.

Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to resolve this disruption and we would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: Tuesday 24th of January 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up to date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service update: 24th of January 2023
Following the recent cyber incident, we have now resumed international export despatches for all mail streams including parcels and letters across a growing number of destinations. We are making good progress in despatching items that are already in our network across all our services. Please note you may see less tracking information than usual as we continue to restore our services. At this time, we continue to ask customers not to submit new parcels for export as our initial focus is to clear mail that has already been processed and is waiting to be despatched. We will update further on this service resumption as soon as possible.

Additionally, we have resumed the export of the below services to all international destinations and customers are now able to send the following into the Royal Mail network:

International Standard and International Economy letters which do not require a customs declaration (i.e. these letters do not contain goods);
International Business Standard (untracked) and International Business Economy personal correspondence letters (which do not require a customs declaration

Customers in Northern Ireland are now also able to submit both export letters and export parcels bound for Ireland into the Royal Mail network again through all channels including Northern Ireland post boxes and Post Office branches. Online customers will be able to print labels on Royal Mail shipping systems from 1900 this evening. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland. They are not available for customers based in Great Britain where export restrictions related to the cyber incident on parcels being sent to Ireland continue to apply.

Royal Mail continues to work with external experts, the security authorities and regulators to mitigate the impact of this cyber incident, with a focus on restoring all services for export letters and parcels. Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays. Royal Mail domestic services remain unaffected.

Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to resolve this disruption and we would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 25th of January 2023

Welcome to our international incident bulletin; a roundup of any issues that may be impacting our parcel and letter services to and from countries around the world. We keep this information as up-to-date as possible, with information supplied to Royal Mail by the various foreign national postal authorities.

Service Update
International export despatches for items already in our network across all mail streams including parcels and letters across a growing number of destinations are making good progress. Senders and Recipients may see fewer tracking events than usual. At this time, we continue to ask customers not to submit new parcels for export as our initial focus is to clear mail that has already been processed and is waiting to be despatched. We will update further on service resumption as soon as possible.

International Business Standard (untracked) and International Business Economy personal correspondence letters (which do not require a customs declaration);

Customers in Northern Ireland are now also able to submit both export letters and export parcels bound for Ireland into the Royal Mail network again through all channels including Northern Ireland post boxes and Post Office branches. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland. Export Parcel services to Ireland are not currently available for customers based in Great Britain at this time.

Royal Mail continues to work with external experts, the security authorities and regulators to mitigate the impact of this cyber incident, with a focus on restoring all services for export letters and parcels. Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays to some destinations. Royal Mail domestic services remain unaffected.

Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to resolve this disruption and we would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 26th of January 2023

Service Update
We have made further progress in exporting an increasing number of items to a growing number of international destinations. We are using alternative solutions and systems, which are not affected by the recent cyber incident.

Our focus has been on despatching the export parcels and letters which were in our network before the cyber incident. We have also been successfully despatching standard export letters since reinstating those services for customers on 18 January.

As a result of this progress and the growing capability of our alternative export solutions, we can now announce that from Thursday 26 January we will be resuming our International Tracked & Signed as well as International Signed services to all destinations for business account customers and customers buying postage online. This includes parcel, large letter and letter formats of these services. Online shipping solutions will be enabled to allow customers to select these services, print labels and send items from Thursday 26 January.

Note: Customers in Northern Ireland are also able to submit both export letters and export parcels for all services bound for Ireland into the Royal Mail network through all channels. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland.

Delivery of International Tracked & Signed and International Signed items posted from Thursday 26 January may take slightly longer than usual and customers may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We continue to ask customers not to submit any new Tracked or Untracked (Standard/Economy) export parcels into our network just yet. We are aiming to provide further updates on these services in the coming days.

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services are unaffected. We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to reinstate all remaining services for export letters and parcels as quickly as we can.
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 27th of January 2023

Service Update
We have made further progress in exporting an increasing number of items to a growing number of international destinations. We are using alternative solutions and systems, which are not affected by the recent cyber incident.

Our focus has been on despatching the export parcels and letters which were in our network before the cyber incident. We have also been successfully despatching standard export letters since reinstating those services for customers on 18 January.

As a result of this progress and the growing capability of our alternative export solutions, we can now announce that from Thursday 26 January we will be resuming our International Tracked & Signed as well as International Signed services to all destinations for business account customers and customers buying postage online. This includes parcel, large letter and letter formats of these services. Online shipping solutions will be enabled to allow customers to select these services, print labels and send items from Thursday 26 January.

Note: Customers in Northern Ireland are also able to submit both export letters and export parcels for all services bound for Ireland into the Royal Mail network through all channels. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland.

Delivery of International Tracked & Signed and International Signed items posted from Thursday 26 January may take slightly longer than usual and customers may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We continue to ask customers not to submit any new Tracked or Untracked (Standard/Economy) export parcels into our network just yet. We are aiming to provide further updates on these services in the coming days.

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services are unaffected. We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to reinstate all remaining services for export letters and parcels as quickly as we can.
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 31st of January 2023

Service Update
We continue to make progress in exporting an increasing number of items to a growing number of international destinations. We are using alternative solutions and systems, which are not affected by the recent cyber incident.

Our focus has been on despatching the export parcels and letters which were in our network before the cyber incident. We have also been successfully despatching Standard (Untracked) export letters since reinstating those services for customers on 18 January and Tracked & Signed and Signed letters and parcels since 26 January.

As a result of this progress and the further growing capability of our alternative export solutions, we have resumed our International Tracked services to all destinations for business customers and consumers buying postage online. This includes parcel, large letter and letter formats of these services. Online shipping solutions have been enabled to allow customers to select these services, print labels and send items from 30 January.

Delivery of International Tracked items posted from Monday 30 January may take slightly longer than usual and customers may notice slightly different tracking information as items leave the UK.

At this time we are still unable to process new Royal Mail parcels purchased through Post Office branches. Customers can still access the following export services though Post Office branches:

Sending export parcels through Parcelforce Worldwide
Dropping off items they have labelled online
Purchasing our International standard and economy letter format service.
We are working hard to resume more services through Post Office branches and will provide further updates on these services as soon as possible.

Summary of International services which have been reinstated:

International Tracked
International Tracked & Signed
International Signed
International Untracked (Standard / Economy) Letter services
Customers in Northern Ireland are also able to submit both export letters and export parcels for all services bound for Ireland into the Royal Mail network through all channels. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland.
Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual and customers using Tracked services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We continue to ask customers not to submit any Untracked (Standard/Economy) export parcels into our network just yet. We are aiming to provide further updates on these services as soon as possible.

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services are unaffected.

We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to reinstate remaining export services as quickly as we can.
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 1st of February 2023

Service Update
We continue to make progress in exporting an increasing number of items to a growing number of international destinations. We are using alternative solutions and systems, which are not affected by the recent cyber incident.

Our focus has been on despatching the export parcels and letters which were in our network before the cyber incident. We have also been successfully despatching Standard (Untracked) export letters since reinstating those services for customers on 18 January and Tracked & Signed and Signed letters and parcels since 26 January.

As a result of this progress and the further growing capability of our alternative export solutions, we have resumed our International Tracked services to all destinations for business customers and consumers buying postage online. This includes parcel, large letter and letter formats of these services. Online shipping solutions have been enabled to allow customers to select these services, print labels and send items from 30 January.

Delivery of International Tracked items posted from Monday 30 January may take slightly longer than usual and customers may notice slightly different tracking information as items leave the UK.

At this time we are still unable to process new Royal Mail parcels purchased through Post Office branches. Customers can still access the following export services though Post Office branches:

We are working hard to resume more services through Post Office branches and will provide further updates on these services as soon as possible.

International Tracked
International Signed
Customers in Northern Ireland are also able to submit both export letters and export parcels for all services bound for Ireland into the Royal Mail network through all channels. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland.
Delivery of International items may take slightly longer than usual and customers using Tracked services may notice different tracking information as items leave the UK.

We continue to ask customers not to submit any Untracked (Standard/Economy) export parcels into our network just yet. We are aiming to provide further updates on these services as soon as possible.

Import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services are unaffected.

We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to reinstate remaining export services as quickly as we can.
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 2nd of February 2023

Service Update

International Tracked
International Signed

Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 3rd of February 2023

Service Update

International Tracked
International Signed

Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 6th of February 2023

Service Update
We continue to make progress in exporting an increasing number of items to a growing number of international destinations. We are using alternative solutions and systems, which are not affected by the recent cyber incident and have been successfully despatching parcels and letters which were in our network before the cyber incident and our services which have recently reopened. As a result of this progress and the continuing growth in capability of our alternative export solutions we have announced the restoration of many International export services.

Summary of International services which have been reinstated to all destinations:

International Tracked, International Tracked & Signed and International Signed for purchase online/through shipping solutions
For Consumer and On Account customers all international untracked (Priority, Standard, Economy) services are now available for purchase online
For Business Contract customers we have reinstated International Untracked personal correspondence letter services and three core non-personal correspondence International Standard (untracked) services through our online shipping solutions.

At this time we are unable to process new Royal Mail parcels purchased through Post Office branches. Customers can still access the following export services though Post Office branches:

Purchasing our International standard and economy letter format service

We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to reinstate remaining export services as quickly as we can.
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 7th of February 2023

Service Update
We continue to make progress in exporting an increasing number of items to a growing number of international destinations. We are using alternative solutions and systems, which are not affected by the recent cyber incident and have been successfully despatching parcels and letters which were in our network before the cyber incident and our services which have recently reopened. As a result of this progress and the continuing growth in capability of our alternative export solutions we have announced the restoration of many International export services.

Summary of International services which have been reinstated to all destinations:

International Tracked, International Tracked & Signed and International Signed for purchase online/through shipping solutions
For Consumer and On Account customers all international untracked (Priority, Standard, Economy) services are now available for purchase online
For Business Contract customers we have reinstated International Untracked personal correspondence letter services and three core non-personal correspondence International Standard (untracked) services through our online shipping solutions.
At this time we are unable to process new Royal Mail parcels purchased through Post Office branches. Customers can still access the following export services though Post Office branches:

Purchasing our International standard and economy letter format service

We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to reinstate remaining export services as quickly as we can.
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 8th of February 2023

Service Update

Purchasing our International standard and International economy letter format service for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)
Purchasing our International Tracked and Signed, International Tracked and International Signed letter format services for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)

Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 9th of February 2023

Service Update

Purchasing our International standard and International economy letter format service for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)

Purchasing our International Tracked and Signed, International Tracked and International Signed letter format services for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)

Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 10th of February 2023

Service Update
We continue to make progress in exporting a growing number of mail items to all international destinations. As a result of this progress, we have now announced the restoration of the majority of our International export services via online channels.  

From 19.00 Thursday 09 February we will be reinstating further International Standard (Untracked) services for business contract users (in addition to those reinstated on Friday 03 February). Business contract customers are likely to see additional services available in their shipping solution following this change.

International Tracked, International Tracked & Signed and International Signed for purchase online/through shipping solutions

For Consumer and On Account customers all international untracked (Priority, Standard, Economy) services are now available for purchase online

For Business Contract customers we have reinstated International Untracked personal correspondence letter services and most non-personal correspondence International Standard (untracked) services through our online shipping solutions. 

At this time, we are unable to process new Royal Mail parcels purchased through Post Office branches. Customers can still access the following export services though Post Office branches:

Purchasing our International standard and International economy letter and large letter format service for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)

Purchasing our International Tracked and Signed, International Tracked and International Signed letter and large letter format services for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)

Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last updated: 13th of February 2023

Service Update
We continue to make progress in exporting a growing number of mail items to all international destinations. As a result of this progress, we have now announced the restoration of the majority of our International export services via online channels.  

From 19.00 Thursday 09 February we will be reinstating further International Standard (Untracked) services for business contract users (in addition to those reinstated on Friday 03 February). Business contract customers are likely to see additional services available in their shipping solution following this change.

International Tracked, International Tracked & Signed and International Signed for purchase online/through shipping solutions

For Consumer and On Account customers all international untracked (Priority, Standard, Economy) services are now available for purchase online

For Business Contract customers we have reinstated International Untracked personal correspondence letter services and most non-personal correspondence International Standard (untracked) services through our online shipping solutions. 

At this time, we are unable to process new Royal Mail parcels purchased through Post Office branches. Customers can still access the following export services though Post Office branches:

Purchasing our International standard and International economy letter and large letter format service for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)

Purchasing our International Tracked and Signed, International Tracked and International Signed letter and large letter format services for items of personal correspondence (goods, gifts etc. cannot be sent via the Post Office at this time)

We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for the disruption this incident is causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to reinstate the remaining export services as quickly as we can.
Now retired