ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

International Incident Bulletin

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: International Incident Bulletin

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

International Incident Bulletin
Last updated: 30th of August 2023

New Zealand
Start date: 31 January 2023
Latest Update: 28 July 2023
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Torrential Rain / Cyclone

Incident

NZ Post have informed us that a national state of emergency was lifted on the 3rd March with a number of areas now in the recovery stage. Local states of emergency were lifted in Hawkes Bay and deliveries are now operating as normal again without restrictions. Although there are some road closures still in place in the Tairawhiti region deliveries are taking place, with a one to two day delay expected in effected areas.

Canada
Incident Issue date – 4th July
Effecting postings from the 15th June
Incident: Resourcing Issues and Wildfires

Canada Post have informed us that delays of up to 7 days may be observed at present due to resourcing issues at the office of exchange and customs through their Toronto gateway. Canada Post will update us on this in due course and delays should be anticipated

Incident 2
Incident Issue date – 23rd August 2023
Effecting postings from 10th August 2023

Canada Post have advised that unprecedented wildfires are currently raging across the North West and British Columbia forcing a number of relocations. A state of emergency has been declared and delays are to be expected in these areas until further notice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Norway
Start date: 2 August 2023
Latest Update: 31 August 2023
Incident: Extreme Weather

Norway Post have informed that extreme weather has been ravaging central and southern parts of Norway since earlier in the week. Heavy rainfall, flooding and landslides have caused road closures and affected infrastructure but things are now improving. Delivery of parcels and mail within Southern Norway (0001-6999) has now been restored and Northern Norway ((7000-9999). Delays should still be expected outside of this
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Hong Kong
Start date: 25 August 2023
Latest Update: 1 September 2023
Incident: Typhoon

Hong Kong Post have informed that Tropical cyclone warning signal (Saola) is declared on the 1st September. The processing, and transit of all mail types will be effected during this period. The imapct is expected to last at least a week here and a force majeure has been declared until the 7th Septmber

Niger
Start date: 28 July 2023
Incident: Postal Operation Suspended

Niger Post has informed that due to the temporary closure of land and air borders since August 6th they have suspended all postal operations inbound and outbound and declared a force majeure. As a result the service is suspended until further notice and any items already in the pipeline will be returned to sender.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Start date: 30 August 2023
Latest update: 7 September 2023
End date: To be advised
Incident: Rainstorm and Flooding

Hellenic Post Office of Greece have informed us that the GR territory has been hit by heavy rainstorms, flooding and landslides. This has effected many areas of the country, especially in Central and Northern Greece impacting on the transport and delivery of all mail types. Delays are to be expected during this period

Italy
Start date: 10 May 2023
Latest Update: 24 July 2023
Incident 1: Fire

Poste Italiane have informed us that due to a fire at the Catania airport the location has had to close temporarily. As a result delays are to be expected for postal items to and from the below areas during this time until the airport can resume operation:

Agrigento: 92xxx
Caltanissetta: 93xxx
Catania: 95xxx
Enna: 94xxx
Messina: 98xxx
Palermo: 90xxx
Ragusa: 97xxx
Syracuse: 96xxx
Trapani: 91xxx

Incident 2: Severe Weather
Start Date: 20th July

Poste Italiane have informed us that adverse weather conditions at Milans Malpensa Airport have caused severe damage to it's facilities and infrastructure which is causing severe disruption in the mail unit. Disruption is therefore expected and delays are likely to be observed during this period.

Incident 3: Industrial Action
Start Date: 5th September

Poste Italiane have informed us that a 24 hour strike has been called for the 8th September by the unions of the airport handlers and airport handlers at all airports. Disruption is expected at Milans Linate and Malpensa Airports until at least the 11th September and as such delays are likely to be observed during this period and after the strike owing to any potential backlogs this may create.

Incident 4: Customs Backlog
Start Date: 30th August

Poste Italiane have informed us that there is a backlog of items awaiting clearance from outside of the EU currently owing to an issue with the national customs IT system. The backlog is also causing capacity issues in the warehouse which is effecting lower value items and those covered by the IOSS scheme. Poste Italiane are working with the customs authorities on this and will update further in due course

Libya
Start date: 4th September 2023
Affecting Postings: 25th August 2023
Incident: Internet Access Disruption

Libya Post have notified us that they are encountering disruption to postal services currently owing to an internet connectivity issue caused by a cyber attack. It is expected that it will take several days to resolve this issue and a further update will be issued in due course. As a result of the issue delays may be experienced during this period
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Hong Kong
Start date: 31 August 2023
Latest Update: 11 September 2023
Incident: Rainstorm and Flooding

Hong Kong Post have informed that severe rainstorm and flooding have effected the country since the 7th September. A force majeure has been declared until the 15th September and this is likely to effect the processing of all mail types. Delays are to be expected during this period.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Spain
Start date: 10 September 2023
Latest update: 20 September 2023
Incident: Customs Delays

The Spanish Post Office have informed us that due to the implementation of a customs related IT system they are currently experiencing delays on any items subject to customs review. They are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and in the meantime are continuing to process items via a non automated process. Delays may be experienced during this time.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Bermuda
Start date: 20 September 2023
Latest Update: 2 October 2023
Incident: Cyber Attack

Bermuda Post have informed us that the Governments IT systems have been subject to a ransomware attack. As a direct result the Post Office are unable to scan or despatch mail. Mail is being processed manually however this is impacting on the operation. Delays should be expected whilst this is ongoing.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Greece
Latest update: 29 September 2023
Incident 1: Rainstorm and Flooding

Hellenic Post Office of Greece have informed us that the GR territory has been hit by heavy rainstorms, flooding and landslides. This has effected many areas of the country, especially in Central and Northern Greece impacting on the transport and delivery of all mail types. Delays are to be expected during this period
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Cyprus
Start date: 2 October 2023
Latest Update: 5 October 2023
Incident: IT System Maintenance

Cyprus Post have informed us that part of the governments IT system will be disconnected for a maintenance upgrade from Friday 6th October until Monday 9th October. During this period Cyprus Post cannot handle mail and short delays are likely to be experienced during and immediately after this period of downtime.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Cyprus

Cyprus Post have informed us that part of the governments IT system will be disconnected for a maintenance upgrade from Friday 6th October until Monday 9th October. During this period Cyprus Post cannot handle mail and short delays are likely to be experienced during and immediately after this period of downtime.

Hong Kong
Latest Update: 9 October 2023
End date: 13th October

Hong Kong Post have invoked a short period of force majeure due to a cyclone (Koinu) warning signal from the 8th October. This is likely to impact processing for all mail types for at least a couple of days so delays may be experienced.

Israel
Incident: Security Situation

As a result of the current situation in Israel, we are experiencing delays with our carrier into TLV with many flight cancellations over the weekend. Flights are scheduled to continue from later this week however this is a fluid situation and may change at short notice. We will continue to provide updates as we recieve them and delays may be experienced whilst this continues.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Full List as at 10 October 2023

Afghanistan - On Suspension
Start date: 9 August 2021
Latest update: 23 August 2021
Incident: No available route

Original Incident
There is currently no route to Afghanistan as carriers have cancelled flights since Monday 16th August 2021.

Bermuda
Start date: 20 September 2023
Latest Update: 2 October 2023
Incident: Cyber Attack

Bermuda Post have informed us that the Governments IT systems have been subject to a ransomware attack. As a direct result the Post Office are unable to scan or despatch mail. Mail is being processed manually however this is impacting on the operation. Delays should be expected whilst this is ongoing.

Cyprus

Democratic Republic of Congo
Start date: 26 April 2023
Latest Update: 19 May 2023
Incident: Flooding

The Democratic Republic of Congo Postal Service have informed that floods occured on the 4th May 2023 in Kalehe in the East of the country which has resulted in infrastructure damages. Delays are to expected throughout this period

Falkland Islands
Start date: 28 August 2023
Incident: Infrequent Despatch

Please note that customers currently using our Tracked Heavier services to The Falklands may experience delays. Dispatch is infrequent and longer transit times should be expected. This will also effect the tracking events which you may typically expect to see as part of this service. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

France
Start date: 7 August 2023
Latest Update: 11 August 2023
Incident: IT Issues

Please note that due to IT issues customers currently using our Tracked Heavier services to France may experience slight delays. This may also effect the tracking events which you would typically expect to see as part of this service. We are working to resolve these and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Greece
Latest update: 29 September 2023
Incident 1: Rainstorm and Flooding

Hong Kong
End date: 13th October

Hong Kong Post have invoked a short period of force majeure due to a cyclone (Koinu) warning signal from the 8th October. This is likely to impact processing for all mail types for at least a couple of days so delays may be experienced.

Ireland
Start date: 16 September 2021
Latest Update: 26 June 2023
Incident: Customs delays

Latest Update
Our service to Ireland is operating as normal. However, items that require the payment of import taxes by the recipient may take longer to be delivered as payment is required before items are released from Irish customs.

Please note: Delivered Duties Unpaid items sent to Ireland are handled as follows:
•Where a mobile number and /or email is provided, the recipient will receive a text and / or email and a letter with the amount of tax to pay plus An Post’s processing fee.
•Where just the address has been provided, the recipient will receive a letter.

In both situations the recipient will receive instructions on how to pay and will have 16 working days to make the payment before the item is returned. The pay by date is included in the customer notification.All items are held in the Dublin Mail Centre Campus before being released, once payment is received. If payment is not received by the payment due date or the customer rejects the item then it is returned to sender.

IOSS HS Code Restrictions
The Irish Custom authority have notified us that they have relaxed their import controls on certain goods and HS codes. Customers sending items to Ireland via IOSS are advised to check the latest restricted HS Tariff codes implemented by Irish Customs. To access the list of restricted HS Tariff codes, please visit our Ireland Page.

Israel
Incident: Security Situation

As a result of the current situation in Israel we are experiencing delays with our carrier into TLV with many flight cancellations over the weekend. Flights are scheduled to continue from later this week however this is a fluid situation and may change at short notice. We will continue to provide updates as we recieve them and delays may be experienced whilst this continues.

Kiribati
Start date: 2 July 2021
Incident: Infrequent Service

Latest Update
Connecting flights to Kiribati have been available again since the 15th of December. However, please note this service is infrequent and therefore customers should expect items to take between 2-3 months to reach their final destination.

Moldova
Start date: 24 February 2022
Incident: Airspace availability

Original Incident
Due to the situation in neighbouring Ukraine, we have been advised that Moldovan airspace is closed. We are working with our postal and transportation partners to put in place alternative routes. An alternative transit route is in place for Moldova. However as this is a non-direct route, please be advised that there may be short delays to the delivery of your item.

Niger
Start date: 28 July 2023
Incident: Postal Operation Suspended

Niger Post has informed that due to the temporary closure of land and air borders since August 6th they have suspended all postal operations inbound and outbound and declared a force majeure. As a result the service is suspended until further notice and any items already in the pipeline will be returned to sender.

Norway
Start date: 2 August 2023
Incident: Extreme Weather

Norway Post have informed that extreme weather has been ravaging central and southern parts of Norway since earlier in the week. Heavy rainfall, flooding and landslides have caused road closures and affected infrastructure but things are now improving. Delivery of parcels and mail within Southern Norway (0001-6999) has now been restored and Northern Norway ((7000-9999). Delays should still be expected outside of this

Russia
Start date: 28 February 2022
Incident: Service availability

Latest Update
We are still despatching postal items to Russia. We are continually monitoring the situation and will provide an update if there are any changes to our service moving forward.

Somalia - On Suspension
No service since October 1991.

Spain
Start date: 10 September 2023
Latest update: 20 September 2023
Incident: Customs Delays

The Spanish Post Office have informed us that due to the implementation of a customs related IT system they are currently experiencing delays on any items subject to customs review. They are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and in the meantime are continuing to process items via a non automated process. Delays may be experienced during this time.

Sudan
Start date: 5th July 2023
Affecting Postings: 12th April 2023
Incident: Service Suspension

Restrictions on this route continue to be challenging owing to civil unrest in the country and as a result a full service suspension is now in place. Any items currently held in OEs are expected to be returned to sender.

Syria - On Suspension
No service since December 2012.

Turkey
Start date: 30 January 2023
Latest update:9 February 2023
Incident: Earthquake

Latest Update

Turkish Post has informed that two large earthquakes have hit the Southern and South Eastern regions of the country on the 6th February and a state of emergency has been declared.

This will severely impact mail operations and delays are to be expected across all affected areas

Tuvalu
Start date: 2 July 2021
Latest update:15 December 2021
Incident: Infrequent Service

Connecting flights to Tuvalu have been available again since the 15th of December. However, please note this service is infrequent and therefore customers should expect items to take between 2-3 months to reach their final destination.

Ukraine
Start date: 24 February 2022
Latest update:28 October 2022
Incident: Service availability

Latest Update
We continue to make regular mail despatch to Ukraine transiting via our Postal Partners. Ukraine Post has updated that the country’s infrastructure has suffered severe damage. The attacks on the power grid and local energy facilities are necessitating rolling power cuts lasting from one to four hours. In some cases, following a direct missile strike, power may be cut off for several days in certain areas. In areas without active hostilities, all Ukrposhta post offices will remain open. In places with up to 24 hours power outage, Ukrposhta employees will hand out postal items and pay out money orders and upload the delivery data into the system at a later stage, once power and Internet access are restored. Sorting facilities are equipped with electricity generators to ensure uninterrupted work and maintain normal customs and sorting procedures. However, operationally there may be delays. Therefore, delays should continue to be expected for items destined to Ukraine until further notice.

Ukraine - Crimea & Sevastopol Regions - Long-Term Suspension
No mail service to Donets 83-87, Luhansk 91-94 Crimea 95-98 and Sevestapol 99 since 2014.

Vanuatu
Start date: 13 February 2023
Latest Update: 9 March 2023
Incident: Tropical Cyclone

Vanuatu Post have advised that a State of Emergency has been declared for the whole country in the wake of two cyclones which have struck the country. The state of emergency is expected to last for at least 6 months. Postal operations will continue throughout by delays should be expected

Yemen - Long Term Suspension
No service since March 2015.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thailand
Start date: 5 October 2023
Latest Update: 13 October 2023
Incident: Flooding

Thai Post have advised us that rain in the central and north eastern parts of the country has led to floods in a number of provinces. As a result road blockages have effected the transit of all mail types and this is likely to continue until the situation improves.

The affected postcode areas are as follows; 10530, 12xxx, 13xxx, 24xxx, 30xxx, 34xxx, 36xxx, 40xxx, 46xxx, 65xxx, 66xxx, 67xxx
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Italy
Start date: 16 October 2023
Latest update: 19 October 2023
End date: 31 October 2023
Incident: Industrial Action

Poste Italiane have advised that a 24 hour strike has been called for the 20th October 2023 by major unions of the airport handlers and service personnel at all Italian airports. Disruption is expected during and immediately after the strike and delays should be expected.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Indonesia
Start date: 8 October 2023
Latest Update: 20 October 2023
End date: 25 October 2023
Incident: New Import Customs Regulation

Indonesian Post have advised us that as a result of the implementation of new import regulations by customs delay in the delivery of all inbound international items should be expected from the 17th October to the 24th October 2023.