ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon - prepaid label - not given a receipt/tracking from royal mail , help

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Koolman511

Amazon - prepaid label - not given a receipt/tracking from royal mail , help

Post by Koolman511 »

Hi,

Hope I post in the correct section.

Basically, I needed to return a defective item and requested for a replacement. I picked one of the options was to print the label in store (royal mail). At the till , the woman told me to scan the qr code on the machine and it printed a return label and told me there is no receipt/tracking number.

I am just concerned if the parcel goes missing then I dont have proof or comeback to say I have returned it. Please advise on what I should do?

This is the first time I have not had a receipt as i usually would have one when returning via printing label at home but this time i decided to try print in store. The woman at the till sounded she couldnt be bothered and lazy

Thank you

Sir Henry

Re: Amazon - prepaid label - not given a receipt/tracking from royal mail , help

Post by Sir Henry »

Best to get in touch with RM customer services. Also check your Amazon account as the progress of the item through the returns procedure may be shown therein.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
yellowbelly

Re: Amazon - prepaid label - not given a receipt/tracking from royal mail , help

Post by yellowbelly »

I did this myself but at a regular Post Office rather than a Royal Mail Customer Service Point (normally attached to a delivery office).
and the PO counter did give me a receipt with a tracking number, hopefully in your case it will become visible in your Amazon account.
Koolman511

Post by Koolman511 »

Sir Henry wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 19:43
Best to get in touch with RM customer services. Also check your Amazon account as the progress of the item through the returns procedure may be shown therein.
Yep sent a message to RM on twitter and hopefully they are able to see what can be done.
yellowbelly wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 20:07
I did this myself but at a regular Post Office rather than a Royal Mail Customer Service Point (normally attached to a delivery office).
and the PO counter did give me a receipt with a tracking number, hopefully in your case it will become visible in your Amazon account.
I would usually go to Post office but wasnt sure if they had a print prepaid label facility hence I decided to try RM which the local RM is pretty bad. only one person can go in each time and others have to wait outside in the cold, waited like 10-20mins for a 1minute job
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

you have the QR code and the email - with the QR code I believe you can track and trace it.

Also the QR code in your email is enough of a receipt I think.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."