ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Presenting My Mail / Business Account

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
compic

Presenting My Mail / Business Account

Post by compic »

Hello, just some clarification on how I should be presenting my mail - I contacted via email but they couldn't answer specifically. I have a business account and use click & drop to generate labels. I understand that mail should be split into different sacks by class, format & service, but I just want to know if it is really necessary to use 9 mail sacks for the 25 items I shipped yesterday (see below), with some sacks having 1 item in.

2 x CRL24 LL
7 x CRL48 LL
2 x CRL48 Parcel
7 X BPL 2nd Class LL
1 X BPL PARCEL 2nd Class Signed For
1 X BPL 1st Class Letter
2 X BPL 2nd Class Letter
2 X INTERNATIONAL STANDARD LETTER
1 X INTERNATIONAL TRACKED LL

On days with this number of items or sometimes fewer the temptation is to put everything in one sack, but I don't know if there is a surcharge for this.

Thanks for reading!

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Presenting My Mail / Business Account

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I work at a delivery office, not in collections or at an MC. But I would say yes 100% you need to separate the mail into the different streams (as we call it)

The reason for this is that the different streams are treated differently, and if you mix them, it could cause delays in the processing of your items as they would have to be put to one side to be sorted correctly.

It could also mean that if they aren't separated, they won't be processed correctly (As in tracked items not getting the correct scan).

So I agree it seems pointless, but not following the guidelines may result in more claims from customers and more delays.

Even within the system, it's not unusual for sorters to get bags containing 1 item from the MC, just because it makes the processing of the items more effective and much quicker.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

The International Tracked is the only one that must always be kept separate as they get handled in a higher security area of the MC. When you're only sending small amounts like that, just have:

* All PPI (Inc any "Signed For" ones)
* All Meter (Inc any "Signed For" ones)
* All Tracked
* All Special Delivery (which includes International Signed For, International Tracked and International Tracked & Signed)
*Anything else

Might be worth you looking into whether it would be financially viable for you to use Tracked for any that aren't Special Delivery, International Signed For, International Tracked or International Tracked & Signed
compic

Post by compic »

Thanks both for your replies.