ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Parcel stuck at Heathrow and not in the RM system yet!

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Natashalorraine14

Parcel stuck at Heathrow and not in the RM system yet!

Post by Natashalorraine14 »

Hi, I have a parcel arriving from China, normally they are sent by courier but as the weight was small, the supplier mailed it instead :shock:
My tracking on CNE says

Arrival Import Airport , GB.London Heathrow Airport

and that was on halloween, since then nothing has moved and its not entered the rm system yet either, it still says on rm, that the parcel has been sent to them, tracking will update once in the system.

Normally with my mail from abroad, it arrives and is passed across pretty fast, so Ive not had this problem before.
Is anyone else having this issue? is this wait normal?

Its christmas stock, so really need it soon, and I'm freaking out haha :crazy:

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Parcel stuck at Heathrow and not in the RM system yet!

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Customs choose random batches of mail for extra checks, so your item could be in one of them batches of mail
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

That tracking doesn't look right. Could you copy and paste it all into the thread please?

I suspect that it is arriving in the UK in a large batch then entering the mail system after getting to the UK. You can confirm this if the last two characters of the tracking number are 'GB'.
Natashalorraine14

Hey heres the full tracking

2021-10-31 08:56Arrival Import Airport , GB.London Heathrow Airport
2021-10-31 01:08Shipment Depart From Transit Airport
2021-10-29 22:42Arrived At Transit Airport
2021-10-29 16:50Shipment Depart From Original Country , CN.Shanghai Pudong Airport
2021-10-28 18:00Released From Export Customs , CN.Shanghai Pudong Airport
2021-10-28 16:29Arrival Export Airport , CN.Shanghai Pudong Airport
2021-10-28 14:18Depart From Hub Scan , CN.Shanghai Hub Export
2021-10-27 03:19Shipment Depart From Hub Scan , CN.Shanghai Hub Export
2021-10-26 21:59Shipment For Transit , CN.Shanghai Hub Export
2021-10-25 10:45Parcel Infomation Received
2021-10-25 07:10Sender despatching item

You might be right about the batch, the seller has just told me "I asked the logistics company, and they said that because customs check the same batch of goods, so they are all delayed" Now after what youve said that now makes sense what she has said, as I was really confused!

So maybe I will be okay after all :pray :pray
Natashalorraine14

and yes it is GB on the end! the royal mail tracking says that they're waiting to receive the item, which has said since it was created ont he 25th, then it'll be 48 hr tracked in the UK
Natashalorraine14

Snaggletooth wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 20:31
That tracking doesn't look right. Could you copy and paste it all into the thread please?

I suspect that it is arriving in the UK in a large batch then entering the mail system after getting to the UK. You can confirm this if the last two characters of the tracking number are 'GB'.
Hey, do you know if these batches usually take this long? its been 10 days now and Im in a panic haha, these are Christmas themed items, so I may miss my window with my business! Thank you for your help
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

It is difficult for us to comment because that isn’t part of the postal system. But if you look round this site I think you will find customers reporting a variety of clearance times.
Xenomorph2004

Post by Xenomorph2004 »

Did the tracking ever update and you recieve your items?
Xenomorph2004

Post by Xenomorph2004 »

The only reason I ask, is because my fiance had 2 parcels sent from China to the UK, both arriving at Heathrow Airport on the same morning of Sunday 21st Nov.
One (Tracking QP757568265GB) was sent via Hong Kong airport and arrived at LHR about 7am on Sunday morning, and the other (Tracking QP757589566GB) via Guangzhou airport arrived a few hours later according the tracking.
The Hong Kong parcel has since been delivered days ago, but the Guangzhou items tracking seems to have not updated since it's arrival at Heathrow.

The items were sent from China to the UK using the logistics company 4PX, and has its own tracking number assosciated with the package LP00481435125598.
The tracking from Parcelsapps / 4PX / Cainio marks the missing item (QP757589566GB) as "LHR / Arrival of goods at destination airport 2021-11-21 10:27".

Normally, items will have the customs scan a couple of hours after arriving at LHR, which is what happened to the item that arrived a couple of hours earlier that day, and then be delivered using the Tracked48 service. The content of both packages were identical, and are simply two old Game Boy game carts, worth about £5 each. I am wondering how long to expect to wait to recieve any update to the item tracking, as I doubt there would ever be a "Fee to Pay" grey card needed due to the very low value of the goods.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Customs choose random batches of mail for extra checks. If they were in different batches, the one from Guangzhou might be in a batch of mail that's been chosen to have extra checks