ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracking devices

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
deeepeee

Tracking devices

Post by deeepeee »

Hi, does anyone know how the scanners work when delivering a parcel? I am specifically relating to a tracked (not signed for package)

When the postie scans the parcel pre-posting, what does that do? After the postie then posts it, they seem to click a button on the tracker, what does this do?

My assumption is the first scan records the parcel and GPS location, the click after posting is the 'I've posted it' confirmation?

CharlesG

Re: Tracking devices

Post by CharlesG »

Im pretty sure that when parcel is scanned then it records the scan and GPS location on system, this is why we are told to always scan on the doorstep.

After if its delivered to customer it has box saying confirmation of delivery which can be tapped and then thats it, tracking number clears

If left in safeplace, can click on tracking number , choose safeplace where will give you options of safeplace and allow you to take picture

If nobody is home, its case of changing it to ‘no answer’ and then confirming that
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

If the postie clicks the box for confirmation of delivery and for any reason, the delivery was not made, say they clicked the box by mistake or clicked it before the door opened and then realised they had to take it away, can they 'untick' the box?
ssdd

Post by ssdd »

deeepeee wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 22:17
If the postie clicks the box for confirmation of delivery and for any reason, the delivery was not made, say they clicked the box by mistake or clicked it before the door opened and then realised they had to take it away, can they 'untick' the box?
No. But they can re-scan the item and select an appropriate alternative.
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

SO they could scan again and say not delivered or not home?
ssdd

Post by ssdd »

Yes. Though I'm not so sure how well the system updates this in terms of email/text confirmation.
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

Thanks you for the help. The facts are that a postie that I have complained about in the past came to my home with a package.

He got out of his van, left the door open and the engine running, he scanned my package then walked to my door. On reaching the door, he immediately turned around and walked off with it, clicking the 'confirmed deliver' on his scanner.

This is all confirmed by CCTV with audio.

Online tracking of the package confirmed that it had been delivered, yet the CCTV shows clearly that it hadn't and that the postie made no attempt to deliver it. He seemed to want to get to the door then leave which to me appears to be for GPS tracking purposes.

I have managed to get the package, I reported it and the manager contacted the postie, the package was acquired and delivered an hour later by a different postie. The online tracking shows 'BOTH' deliveries.

Royal Mail management refused to investigate this matter, saying it was some sort of oversight!

The police have been notified and have recorded it as Theft. (attempted).
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

deeepeee wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 10:50
He got out of his van, left the door open and the engine running, he scanned my package then walked to my door.
I would have expected him to be in trouble for that alone, being away from the van with it unlocked, especially with the engine running
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

See attached, van dor open, engine running.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

Then his next stop...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

Yet strangely, the Royal Mail manager was not interested in viewing the CCTV of him leaving the vehicle unattended, open and engine running or the fact the lad had just stolen my package! Royal Mail Ormskirk
ssdd

Post by ssdd »

Hmm...he hasn't parked the vehicle very well in the second picture either. I've no idea why he would scan your package at the doorstep - confirming delivery - and then take it away again without entering anything else into the PDA (scanner).

It's a big big no-no to leave the keys in an unattended vehicle - running or otherwise. We can't actually see from these pictures if indeed the keys are still in, but leaving the door open isn't good practice either.
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

My guess is, he would claim the package was delivered, he keep the contents. I report it as not received. eBay had alerted me it had been delivered so no comeback there, his scanner would have confirmed the GPS location and that he had walked up the drive, and that the scanner was clicked to say it was delivered.

Then I would have been accused of making a false claim for a parcel he nicked.

The postie has been an issue to me for a long time, parking in my private parking, I reported him to the royal mail, then made an allegation I damaged his car door. CCTV again proved I had been nowhere near his car and that he had dragged a concert bollard from near his car and dumped it outside my place of work to prevent customers from getting in our shop.

This has all been handled awfully by Royal MAil management and now I believe this was an attempt to frame me for what could have been said to be a fraudulent claim for lost mail.
deeepeee

Post by deeepeee »

What the hell, here is the video
https://youtu.be/kEXDoU8lD6I

Strange Royal Mail managers did not want to view this at all.
ssdd

Post by ssdd »

deeepeee wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 19:15
What the hell, here is the video
https://youtu.be/kEXDoU8lD6I

Strange Royal Mail managers did not want to view this at all.
Well the video does give a little more insight. It wouldn't be fair for me to comment on his reasons for doing this. I hear the first bleep where he scans at the door and presumably confirms delivery, but I also hear another bleep on his way back to the van. Why he's done this, or what he's entered into the PDA I can't say.
Another thing that isn't clear from the video is whether he left the engine running or not.
It's a complicated situation as you've had previous dealings with this particular Postie. Why the manager doesn't want to view the video is another question I can't answer.
My feelings are that someone in management should probably have a word with the Postie to clarify the situation. He certainly shouldn't be confirming delivery before it's been delivered. There is the possibility that it has been an accidental confirmation of delivery, and that he's scanned it again as something else such as 'address inaccessible', and this hadn't updated to inform you.
I'm playing Devils Advocate here. I have my own thoughts, but I'm unwilling to comment any further on this. I hope you find some resolution to your predicament. You can also make a formal complaint if you wish here: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... mplaint%3F