ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2023
Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday, 23 September and parcel deliveries on Sunday, 24 September.

Please visit www.royalmail.com/services-near-you for our Customer Service Point opening times, for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card.

Deliveries Today
Deliveries are operating as normal across the UK today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. In a small number of local offices, this may temporarily not be possible due to local issues such as high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local factors. In those cases, we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers. We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will regularly update customers on the offices most impacted here:

Bridgwater DO (TA5, TA6 and TA7)
Pulborough DO (RH20)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
If you need to collect an item for which we've left a 'Something for You' card, please check royalmail.com/services-near-youOpens in a new window for details of our Customer Service Point locations and opening hours.

Glasgow Delivery Office (G21- G22) – Closed for Health and Safety reasons
Our Glasgow G21-G22 Delivery Office and Customer Service Point (284 Hawthorn Street, Glasgow, G22 6RY) are closed for health and safety reasons. Customers are kindly asked not to visit to attempt collection or drop off mail items because the office is inaccessible to staff and customers.

Customers for whom we’ve left a 'Something for you' card can arrange a redelivery free of charge to their address, an alternative address in the same postcode area or a local Post Office. Customers who wish to collect their items may do so from:

Customers in the G21(1-4) postcode areas – can collect their items from Glasgow G1-5 Delivery Office, Baird Street, Glasgow, G4 0AA.
Customers in the G22(5-7) postcode areas – can collect their items from Glasgow G20-G23 Delivery Office, 22 Lochburn Road, Glasgow, G20 9AN.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Now retired

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 25 September 2023
Delivery and collection services will take place across the UK today.

Movement of mail through our network
Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network services operated to schedule over the Weekend.

Rail
Our rail network services operated to schedule over the weekend, with one exception: Due to being stuck behind a broken down train, some mail travelling from Warrington Rail Terminal to the Scottish Distribution Centre arrived later than scheduled. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in other parts of the UK, due for delivery today in parts of Scotland, is likely to arrive later than planned.

Road
Technical difficulties at our new Midlands Hub over the weekend meant some services departed later than expected. As a result, some mail due for delivery today in the following postcode areas may arrive later than expected: BL, M, OL, SK, CV, LE, MK, and NN

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the weekend. As a result, some mail may be delivered later than planned.

Medway Mail Centre: Some mail posted in the CT, DA, ME and TN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries Today

Deliveries are operating as normal across the UK today. We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. In a small number of local offices, this may temporarily not be possible due to local issues such as high levels of sick absence, resourcing, or other local factors. In those cases, we will rotate deliveries to minimise the delay to individual customers. We also provide targeted support to those offices to address their challenges and restore our service to the high standard our customers would normally receive.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We will regularly update customers on the offices most impacted here:

Croydon DO (CR0 and CR9)
East Dulwich DO (SE22)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 27 September 2023

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours, with one exception: A train carrying mail from our North East Mail Centre to the Princess Royal Distribution Centre in London arrived later than scheduled. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in parts of the North of England, for delivery today in London and the South East, may arrive later than expected.

Road
Our road network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours, with one exception: A vehicle travelling from our Princess Royal Distribution Centre arrived later than expected in to our National Distribution Centre. As a result, some mail posted in parts of London for delivery today in South Yorkshire and the North of England, may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres
All our mail centres reported mail was processed and despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Deliveries Today

Cinderford DO (GL14 and GL17)
Croydon DO (CR0 and CR9)
East Dulwich DO (SE22)
Hayle DO (TR27)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 28 September 2023

Air

Rail
Our rail network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Our road network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres
All our mail centres reported mail was processed and despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Deliveries Today

Cinderford DO (GL14 and GL17)
Croydon DO (CR0 and CR9)
East Dulwich DO (SE22)
Hayle DO (TR27)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 29 September 2023

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Deliveries Today

Halstead DO (CO6 and CO9)
Hayle DO (TR27)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 30 September and Sunday 1 October 2023
Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday, 30 September and parcel deliveries on Sunday, 1 October.

Please visit www.royalmail.com/services-near-you for our Customer Service Point opening times, for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card.

Deliveries Today

Halstead DO (CO6 and CO9)
Hayle DO (TR27)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 2 October 2023

Air
On Friday the flight from Edinburgh to Stansted could not go ahead as planned due to a technical fault with the aircraft. As a result, some mail posted on Friday in parts of Central and Southern Scotland, due for delivery in parts of London, the South of England and Northern Ireland may arrive later than planned.

Rail
Our rail network services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
On Friday three vehicles left our Midlands Super Hub later than planned due to a technical fault with the trailers. As a result, some mail posted across other parts of the UK, due for delivery in parts of London, the South East, the South West and North West of England may arrive later than planned.

On Saturday our Midlands Super Hub received an increased volume of mail, meaning six vehicles were full to capacity and some mail was sent via a later service than planned. As a result, some mail posted on Saturday across other parts of the UK, due for delivery in parts of the North East, the North West and the Midlands may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres
Our Mail Centres reported all mail was processed and despatched to schedule over the weekend.

Deliveries Today

Avonmouth DO (BS11 and BS20)
Chulmleigh SPDO (EX18)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Winterbourne DO (BS36)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 3 October 2023

Air
Last night the flight from East Midlands Airport to Exeter was full to capacity. This meant some mail was transferred to vehicles. As a result, some mail posted in parts of the Midlands, the South West, Wales and North of England, due for delivery in parts of the EX, TQ, TR and PL postcodes areas may arrive later than planned.

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
The Mail Centre below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours. As a result, some mail may be delivered later than planned.

Northern Ireland Mail Centre: Some mail posted in parts of the BT postcode area, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Deliveries Today

Bristol South DO (BS3, BS13 and BS41)
Chulmleigh SPDO (EX18)
Kidlington DO (OX5 and OX20)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Winterbourne DO (BS36)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Air

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
The Mail Centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours. As a result, some mail may be delivered later than planned.

Dorset Mail Centre: Some mail posted in parts of the BH and DT postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted in parts of the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK
Deliveries Today

Chulmleigh SPDO (EX18)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Winterbourne DO (BS36)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 5 October 2023

Air

Rail

Road
Our road network services operated to schedule over the last 24 hours with one exception: Due to motorway closures last night, a vehicle arrived at our Midlands Hub later than planned. As a result, some mail due for delivery today in the following postcode areas may arrive later than expected: BD, HD, HG, HX, LS, WF and YO.

Mail Centres
The Mail Centres below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours. As a result, some mail may be delivered later than planned.

Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted in parts of the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas, due for delivery today in other parts of the UK
Deliveries Today

Bristol East DO (BS5)
Chulmleigh SPDO (EX18)
Patchway DO (BS32, BS34 and BS35)
Teddington DO (TW11)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Friday 6 October 2023

Air

Rail

Road
Last night our Midlands Super Hub reported increased mail volumes destined for Belfast Mail Centre. The mail was forwarded in an another vehicle, but ferry slots meant the extra vehicle was sent later than planned. As a result, some mail posted in other parts of the UK, due for delivery in the BT postcode area may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres
The Mail Centre below reported not all mail was processed or despatched to schedule over the last 24 hours. As a result, some mail may be delivered later than planned.

South Midlands Mail Centre: Some mail posted in parts of the CV, LE, MK and NN postcode areas, due for delivery across other parts of the UK.

Deliveries Today

Bristol East DO (BS5)
Chulmleigh SPDO (EX18)
Winterbourne DO (BS36)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Yatton SUDO (BS49)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 7 October and Sunday 8 October 2023
Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday, 7 October and parcel deliveries on Sunday, 8 October.

Please visit www.royalmail.com/services-near-youOpens in a new window for our Customer Service Point opening times, for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card.

Deliveries Today

Bristol East DO (BS5)
Chulmleigh SPDO (EX18)
Winterbourne DO (BS36)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 9 October 2023

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and
parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery
offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in
our logistics operation.

Air
Our Air network services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Rail
Our Rail network services operated to schedule over the weekend.

Road
On Friday night a vehicle travelling to our South West Hub arrived late due to an incident on the M5 diversion route. As a result, a small amount of mail posted on Friday in the North West of England for delivery on Saturday in the EX, PL, SA, TR and TQ postcode areas may arrive later than anticipated.

Due to capacity issues, not all mail was able to travel on the scheduled services from our Midlands Hub to the Nottingham Mail Centre. As a result, a small amount of mail due for delivery in the DE and NG postcode areas, may arrive later than planned.

Not all mail was able to travel on the scheduled service from the Midlands Hub to Northern Ireland on Saturday. The mail was sent on the next available service. However, as a result, a small amount of mail due for delivery in Northern Ireland may arrive later than expected.

On Saturday night, the final service from London's Princess Royal Distribution Centre to Chelmsford Mail Centre reached full capacity and not all mail was able to travel on this service. As a result, a small amount of mail due for delivery in the CM, CO, IP and SS postcode areas may arrive behind schedule.

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed and despatched to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Sheffield Mail Centre: Some mail posted on Friday in other parts of the UK for delivery on Saturday in the DN, HU, LN and S postcode areas.

Deliveries Today

Bristol East DO (BS5)
Chulmleigh SPDO (EX18)
Winterbourne DO (BS36)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 10 October 2023

Air
Our Air network services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
The train carrying mail from Newcastle to London's Princess Royal Distribution Centre last night, got delayed behind a passenger train, and arrived late missing connection with some scheduled outbound services. As a result, some mail due for delivery today in parts of London, the South East, and South of England may arrive later than planned.

Road
A vehicle travelling from our Midlands Hub for the Home Counties North Mail Centre departed late last night, as a result, a small amount of mail due for delivery today in the AL, EN, HP, LU, SG and WD postcode areas may arrive later than anticipated.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Deliveries Today

Clevedon DO (BS21)
East Dulwich DO (SE22)
Weston Super Mare DO (BS22, BS23 and BS24)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Now retired
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 11 October 2023

Air
Our air network services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
Our rail network services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
Our road network services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres reported all mail was processed and despatched to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Deliveries Today

Clevedon DO (BS21)
East Dulwich DO (SE22)
Weston Super Mare DO (BS22, BS23 and BS24)
Wrington DO (BS40)
Now retired