ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Daily Service Update

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Daily Service Update

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thursday 17 June 2021

Movement of mail through our network
Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
Our air services all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Rail
Our rail services all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Road
Our road services all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.
Collection services in Knowle and Shirley (B90 and B93)
We're sorry to advise that resourcing issues at our Shirley, and Knowle Delivery Offices means some collection services in the B90 and B93 postcode areas will be affected this week.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these circumstances beyond our control.

Deliveries today
Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

No offices currently listed as exceptions
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 June 2021

General Overview

Weekend delivery and collection services are expected to take place on Saturday 19 June. There are no collections on Sunday 20 June.

We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Most of our Customer Service Points are open Saturday and Sunday for you to collect urgent items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card – please visit Services Near you for their opening times.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Collection services in Knowle and Shirley (B90 and B93)
We're sorry to advise that, due to resourcing issues at our Shirley, and Knowle Delivery Offices, some collection services in the B90 and B93 postcode areas will be affected this weekend.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these circumstances beyond our control.

Deliveries today

Due to resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures, deliveries in some areas may be disrupted this week. We aim to deliver at least every other day in these areas, though this may not always be possible in offices temporarily affected by very high levels of absence. These offices are exceptions, and are listed below when appropriate.

"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 21 June 2021

Royal Mail operates an air, rail and road network to move letters and parcels between our distribution hubs, mail processing centres and delivery offices around the UK. Here we let you know about any significant issues in our logistics operation.

Air
On Friday night the flight from East Midlands to Belfast was cancelled due to technical difficulties with the aircraft. All mail was transferred via the road/ferry network. As a result, a small amount of mail due for delivery in Northern Irleand on Saturday may arrive later than anticipated.

Rail

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.-->

Deliveries today

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 23 June 2021

No delays reported at Mail Centres or Delivery Offices, or in Tranport.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 June 2021

Services in the Clitheroe (BB7) area

Due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Clitheroe Delivery Office, we're very sorry to advise that deliveries in the BB7 postcode area will likely experience disruption this weekend.

The Customer Service Point is unaffected by these resourcing issues - please check http://www.royalmail.com/services-near-you for the current opening times.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Monday 28 June 2021

Due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Clitheroe Delivery Office, we're very sorry to advise that deliveries in the BB7 postcode area will likely experience disruption today.

The Customer Service Point is unaffected by these resourcing issues - please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for the current opening times.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 29 June 2021

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result may be delivered later than expected.

Swindon Mail Centre Some mail posted yesterday in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas, for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
Due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Clitheroe Delivery Office, we're very sorry to advise that deliveries in the BB7 postcode area will likely experience disruption today.

The Customer Service Point is unaffected by these resourcing issues - please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for the current opening times.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

Services in the OL11 to OL16 postcode areas

We're very sorry to advise that due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Rochdale Delivery Office, deliveries in parts of the OL11 to OL16 postcode areas will likely be disrupted this week.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We will return to normal service as soon as we can safely do so.
Please note: To collect items from our Customer Service Point, you will need a valid 'Something for you' card or electronic notification advising we're holding an item for you. Please check royalmail.com/services-near-you for opening times, as these may be subject to change.
Kind regards,
Royal Mail Customer Services
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 30 June 2021

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... ice-update

Air
Our air services all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
Our rail services all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
Our road services all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Mail Centres
The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result, may be delivered later than expected.

Bristol Mail Centre Some mail posted yesterday in the BA, BS, GL and TA postcode areas, for delivery today in other parts of the UK.

Services in the Rochdale (OL11-16) area

Due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Rochdale Delivery Office, we're very sorry to advise that deliveries in the OL11-16 postcode areas will likely experience disruption today.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Thursday 1 July 2021

General Overview
We aim to deliver to all addresses we have mail for, six days a week. If resourcing issues, associated self-isolation and safety measures prevent this, we’ll deliver at least every other day. It’s only in extreme cases – where offices are severely affected by absence levels - that this may not be possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Air
Our air services all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Rail
Our rail services all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Road
Our road services operated to schedule over the last 24-hours, with one exception: Road closures and diversions on the A2 and M25 delayed the arrival of a vehicle at our Princess Royal Distribution Centre. As a result, some mail posted yesterday in London and the South East, due to arrive today in Norwich, Peterborough and the south west, may arrive later than planned.

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24-hours.

Services in the Rochdale (OL11-16) area
Due to resourcing issues and associated self-isolation at our Rochdale Delivery Office, we're very sorry to advise that deliveries in the OL11-16 postcode areas will likely experience disruption today.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

No issue reported for Monday 5 July 2021
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Post by POSTMAN »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 09:15
No issue reported for Monday 5 July 2021
:shock:

;liar
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Tuesday 6 July 2021

Air
The air service between East Midlands Airport and Belfast Airport was cancelled last night due to technical issues with the aircraft. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in other parts of the UK yesterday for delivery today in Northern Ireland, BT postcode area may arrive slightly later than expected.

Rail

Road

Mail Centres

Most of our mail centres operated to schedule over the last 24-hours. The mail centres below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result, may be delivered later than expected.

Glasgow Mail Centre Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the G, KA, ML and PA postcode areas.

London Central Mail Centre Some mail posted yesterday in the EC, N, W1 and WC postcode areas, for delivery today in other parts of the UK.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Air

Rail
A train travelling to the Princess Royal Distribution Centre last night was delayed due to a technical issue with the locomotive. As a result, some mail posted in the North East of England yesterday, for delivery today in London and the South East, may arrive slightly later than expected.

Road

Mail Centres

Most of our mail centres operated to schedule over the last 24-hours. The mail centre below reported not all mail was processed to schedule overnight, and as a result may be delivered slightly later than expected.

Warrington Mail Centre: Some mail posted yesterday in the rest of the UK, due for delivery today in the CW, L, WA and WN postcode areas.
Deliveries today
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Service Update

Thursday 8 July 2021

Air

Rail
A train travelling from the Princess Royal Distribution Centre last night was delayed due to a technical issue with the locomotive. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the South of England yesterday, for delivery today in the North East of England, may arrive slightly later than expected.

Road

Mail Centres
Our mail centres all operated to schedule over the last 24 hours.

Deliveries today

Hythe (CT21)

We're sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We’re working hard to deliver as comprehensive a service as possible with the resource available. And we’re ensuring we prioritise the delivery of Covid-19 vaccination letters and test kits.

Local Holiday - Northern Ireland (BT) Monday 12 July and non-service day on Tuesday 13 July
Due to a local holiday and non-service day, there will be no deliveries or collections taking place in Northern Ireland (BT postcode area) on Monday 12 July and Tuesday 13 July with one exception. On Tuesday 13 July, Londonderry (BT47-BT48) will resume deliveries and collections. Normal deliveries and collections across Northern Ireland will take place on Wednesday 14 July.