ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Procedure for 'signed for' items

Forum for info, hints and tips about working for us through Royal Mail not Angard.This is an open forum.
lisag42

Post by lisag42 »

Been given differing advice for dealing with 'signed for' items. Can someone please clarify the correct procedure for these?

Was told all 'signed for' need to be signed by the addressee, but was then told its only those labelled 'Special Delivery' so which is it?

If I knock on a door with letter for 'Mrs Jones' and a woman answers do I need to request her ID? Do I do that for all signed for or just those with a 'Special Delivery' label?

Must admit I've answered the door and never been asked to confirm if I'm the person its addressed to. Only time I've been asked for ID is when collecting a special delivery, rest of the time handing over the card has been enough.

I'm confused

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

No ID is required at the door even for Specials.

Signed for items and Tracked signature, need a name and signature of the person you give it to, it does not have to be the person named on the parcel.

Specials are treated the same as all other items needing signature except

1. They have a time limit on delivery.
2. You CANNOT leave them with a neighbour.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
lisag42

Post by lisag42 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No ID is required at the door even for Specials.

Signed for items and Tracked signature, need a name and signature of the person you give it to, it does not have to be the person named on the parcel.

Specials are treated the same as all other items needing signature except

1. They have a time limit on delivery.
2. You CANNOT leave them with a neighbour.
Brilliant thank you. So Ive been doing it right then as my coach described. Won’t be listening to any more advice from others as it’s only confusing me.