ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay rate for angard

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
djhl
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 22:36
Gender: Male

Pay rate for angard

Post by djhl »

Thinking of working through Angard this Xmas, was quoted £13.75 (I think) I seem to remember they were paid £16 something last Xmas. Anyone have a full picture?
djhl
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 22:36
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by djhl »

Should have said this outside London
zacattack
Posts: 51
Joined: 12 Dec 2024, 07:23
Gender: Female

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by zacattack »

Minimum wage is £12.71 so you must have misheard.
djhl
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 22:36
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by djhl »

Sorry, don't understand your reply. I have just retired from RM and planning to go back at Xmas. Last year Angard staff that I spoke to were on £16 something per hour doing daytime parcels. I am being offered £13.71?
MailSorter10
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 93
Joined: 07 Mar 2024, 10:34
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by MailSorter10 »

Rate will be adjusted to the same as Chrismas Casual workers. Last year uplift was from 28/10 until 16/01. So check the ads for Christmas staff in your area, to see what rate is offered.
zacattack
Posts: 51
Joined: 12 Dec 2024, 07:23
Gender: Female

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by zacattack »

I could have sworn it said £11.75 yesterday. Anyway yes the rate is rubbish. Rates used to be slightly higher than perm staff but now they match.
MailSorter10
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 93
Joined: 07 Mar 2024, 10:34
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by MailSorter10 »

These are Christmas rates for Gatwick, I think the same as in London.
Screenshot_20260915_195245_Chrome.jpg
Other areas much lower:
Earlies: 06:00 - 14:00 (£13.69 p/h)
Lates: 14:00 - 22:00 (£15.14 p/h) - Warrington Mail Centre only
Nights: 22:00 - 06:00 (£16.44 p/h) - Warrington Mail Centre only
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djhl
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 22:36
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by djhl »

Many thanks for your replies

It is what it is I guess.....
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Pay rate for angard

Post by jimmynailsalive »

It was £16.58 last Christmas although Angard tried to pick and choose which offices to pay the higher rate to. This resulted in quite a few agency workers threatening to leave and they eventually paid it.

This year the minimum wage has just about caught up with Angards rate of £13.69 which has recently risen from £13.37 so I'll be very surprised if they get many applications from able bodies unless they boost the rate sooner rather than later. I'll hang fire before offering my services this year. :cuppa