not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Denied unpaid parental leave

27 Feb 2020, 17:44

Hi

I requested for 4 week unpaid parental leave and was refused .Refusing because it is too long.
I told the manager about the policy (4 week unpaid if child is under 5),still he said he knows the
policy and still refusing
what are my option now

cheers
Last edited by kumarana on 02 Mar 2020, 00:40, edited 2 times in total.

27 Feb 2020, 21:54

You have the right to complain to an employment tribunal if your employer has unreasonably refused to let you take time off for dependants, unreasonably postponed your parental leave, or has prevented or tried to prevent you from taking parental leave.

02 Mar 2020, 04:54

kumarana wrote:Hi

I requested for 4 week unpaid parental leave and was refused .Refusing because it is too long.
I told the manager about the policy (4 week unpaid if child is under 5),still he said he knows the
what are my option now

cheers

Another RM so called manager, called DICK.

03 Mar 2020, 18:39

kumarana wrote:Hi

what are my option now

cheers

What if an employer unreasonably refuses time off? Employees who think that they have been unreasonably refused time off or victimised for taking it, may make a complaint to an Employment Tribunal against their employer. Complaints must normally be made within three months of the date when the time off was refused or the victimisation took place. The Tribunal may require the employer to pay the employee compensation if it finds in his or her favour.

What happens if the employee needs longer time off or knows in advance that the problem is going to arise? If employees know in advance that they are going to need time off, they may be able to arrange with their employer to take this time as part of their annual leave entitlement or if the reason they need leave relates to their child, they may be entitled to take parental leave.
National Equality Officer Email: lroy@cwu.org Tel: 0208 971 7238

15 Mar 2020, 21:01

You have all the symptoms of COVID-19 you must self isolate for four weeks.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1