"Argh, I just fondled the postman," revealed PsammeadPaintedTheLion, still vibrating with embarrassment. "Don't you just hate it when you do something cringeworthy and keep thinking about it?"
Well, what better way to deal with a horrific incident than to talk it through with her friends on Mumsnet? We’re here for ya, Psam. <tilts head>
"The postman came with a parcel. He had his signing thingy and gave it to me, so I signed, and as I held it I felt something underneath and assumed it was some kind of button or clip and, being a fiddler, I stroked it, several times, with my middle finger.
"It was only when the horror on his face registered that I realised it was his finger I was caressing.
"He disappeared back down the garden path accompanied by a small sonic boom, as I imploded into a black hole of embarrassment."
"That’s it," said a shocked ScrambledSmegs."That's it, you've now outed yourself as the British Finger Fondler. Everyone will know. People will hide their hands in their pockets as you walk past…"
"At least it was only his finger," commented trikken, "Could have been a lot worse!" (Good god, what does trikken’s postman’s uniform look like?)
It’s okay, everyone, ATeaPleaseBob has a plan.
"If you were too mortified to say anything, you will have to either:
a) Never have any parcels delivered so that you can avoid postman
b) Move house."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mumsnet email today - who was the postie
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Mumsnet email today - who was the postie
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Mumsnet email today - who was the postie
it was his Cadburys Twix for his dinner 
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Mumsnet email today - who was the postie
May have been his finger of fudge
reminds me of a girl at school back in the day who's nickname was that
reminds me of a girl at school back in the day who's nickname was that