POL have announced their results.
Operating Loss has improved by £3m (excluding Subsidy etc)
Paula Vennels has received a £375k bonus.
In other words without the bonus the performance of Post Office Ltd would have been TEN PERCENT better.
In other words without PV, POL's performance would probably have been TEN TIMES BETTER.
This on the day they circulated a Branch Focus magazine with the word 'Bus' spelt incorrectly. Once might have been a Typo but TWICE????
The editor is probably the very same person in their communication team that can't spell communication.
May your bonus be with you
Obi
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Post Office Results
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Post Office Results
It's no wonder no one in POL likes Vennels.
They're still losing money, screwing PO Subpostmasters to the wall by reducing their payments, AGAIN.
Trying to get rid of Crown offices and not giving the staff there a decent pay rise, let alone a good one.
Yet, she still sees it as fine to accept a bonus that big.
Senior management = no conscience.
They're still losing money, screwing PO Subpostmasters to the wall by reducing their payments, AGAIN.
Trying to get rid of Crown offices and not giving the staff there a decent pay rise, let alone a good one.
Yet, she still sees it as fine to accept a bonus that big.
Senior management = no conscience.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Post Office Results
So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss. 
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Post Office Results
Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus....k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Post Office Results
I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus....k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Post Office Results
I don't know.k979aaa wrote:I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus....k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss.
But she isn't the first, and she won't be the last.
Banks have done it recently, like the RBS boss, can't remember the losses but it was millions, just like his bonus. Think they argued he deserved it as he'd reduced the amount of loss they'd suffered from the previous years. Just think how much they'd get if they were actually GOOD at their jobs.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Post Office Results
It is time we in royal mail made a stand like all the crown post office staff have I salute them all.UnhappyGremlin wrote:I don't know.k979aaa wrote:I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus....k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss.
But she isn't the first, and she won't be the last.
Banks have done it recently, like the RBS boss, can't remember the losses but it was millions, just like his bonus. Think they argued he deserved it as he'd reduced the amount of loss they'd suffered from the previous years. Just think how much they'd get if they were actually GOOD at their jobs.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Post Office Results
Me too.k979aaa wrote:It is time we in royal mail made a stand like all the crown post office staff have I salute them all.UnhappyGremlin wrote:I don't know.k979aaa wrote:I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus....k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss.
But she isn't the first, and she won't be the last.
Banks have done it recently, like the RBS boss, can't remember the losses but it was millions, just like his bonus. Think they argued he deserved it as he'd reduced the amount of loss they'd suffered from the previous years. Just think how much they'd get if they were actually GOOD at their jobs.![]()
![]()
![]()
Though, I get the impression POL are waiting for them to get fed up of striking with no prospect of a deal being close, and simply going back to work and accepting everything that the company wants to impose on them.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Post Office Results
Presumably because her bonusable objectives for the year were to reduce the loss as part of a longer term objective to eliminate it. If the business reached the target loss she was given then she's entitled to her bonus.k979aaa wrote:I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus....k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss.
I understand it seems illogical but if you have an annual bonus scheme based on achieving objectives then you have to give people targets that can be reached within the year. I guess it will take more than a year to turn round POL.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Post Office Results
Lets hope her tenure will be curtailed and the workers get their just rewards.Brain Fury wrote:Presumably because her bonusable objectives for the year were to reduce the loss as part of a longer term objective to eliminate it. If the business reached the target loss she was given then she's entitled to her bonus.k979aaa wrote:I was talking about the top woman Paula Vennels how can someone earn a bonus of a loss.UnhappyGremlin wrote:Yeah, but you still don't get a bonus....k979aaa wrote:So you get a bonus for a loss I am at a loss.
I understand it seems illogical but if you have an annual bonus scheme based on achieving objectives then you have to give people targets that can be reached within the year. I guess it will take more than a year to turn round POL.