ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman saves couple's wedding

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

An envelope containing a couple's missing wedding rings arrived with just hours to go to their church ceremony.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8148685.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by Lounge Lizard »

In years to come they might wish the rings hadn't turned up and it had all been called off. :shock:
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by andy2007 »

Why?
Getting Married was the best decision I ever made. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by DGP1 »

andy2007 wrote:Why?
Getting Married was the best decision I ever made. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Did your wife make you say that :nervous As a wise man once said 'Marriage is a great institution....................but who wants to live in an institution' :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by NWpostie »

Marriage is good for Lawyers, Divorces is a money spinner. :crazy:
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Yikes!

Post by andy2007 »

Come on, surely there must be someone else out there, who's happily Married?
Or am I just incredibly lucky?
And no. My Wife didn't make me say that. :d'oh! :funneh
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Yikes!

Post by DGP1 »

andy2007 wrote:Come on, surely there must be someone else out there, who's happily Married?
Or am I just incredibly lucky?
And no. My Wife didn't make me say that. :d'oh! :funneh
My wifes happily married :nervous so I suppose 50% ain't bad :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle


I really hope she doesn't read this or I really in trouble :nervous :wave
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by andy2007 »

LOL
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
ghostgirl
Posts: 157
Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 00:44

Re: Yikes!

Post by ghostgirl »

andy2007 wrote:Come on, surely there must be someone else out there, who's happily Married?
Or am I just incredibly lucky?
And no. My Wife didn't make me say that. :d'oh! :funneh
I'm happily married....but 2nd time for me...first one lasted 7yrs and I wasn't happy for most of it, think I was too young and was one of those people who thought I knew everything but knew nothing, but I've been very happily married to my hubby now for 10 years. :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Yikes!

Post by dvbuk55 »

ghostgirl wrote:
andy2007 wrote:Come on, surely there must be someone else out there, who's happily Married?
Or am I just incredibly lucky?
And no. My Wife didn't make me say that. :d'oh! :funneh
I'm happily married....but 2nd time for me...first one lasted 7yrs and I wasn't happy for most of it, think I was too young and was one of those people who thought I knew everything but knew nothing, but I've been very happily married to my hubby now for 10 years. :Very Happy
I too have been happily married for ten years, I'm not too sure which of the ten from the 37 years they were but there must have been at least ...................................... sorry got to go the wifes ordering me to ........................
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

My grandad used to say Marriage is like staying at a very expensive hotel. Getting in is ok and all the extras are brilliant, its the final bill when you leave thats the killer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:My grandad used to say Marriage is like staying at a very expensive hotel. Getting in is ok and all the extras are brilliant, its the final bill when you leave thats the killer.
I can certainly relate to the expensive bit but extras? :angel surely not!
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by andy2007 »

That's a relief. I was beginning to think I was the only one on here, who's more in Love now, than when I Married my Wife.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by BELIAL »

FFS :Sick
Bye
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Postman saves couple's wedding

Post by baldrick »

NWpostie wrote:Marriage is good for Lawyers, Divorces is a money spinner. :crazy:

:Applause :Applause :Applause