In the United Kingdom, eugenics never received significant state funding, but it was supported by many prominent figures of different political persuasions before World War I, including: Liberal economists William Beveridge and John Maynard Keynes; Fabian socialists such as Irish author George Bernard Shaw, H. G. Wells and Sidney Webb; and Conservatives such as the future Prime Minister Winston Churchill and Arthur Balfour. The influential economist John Maynard Keynes was a prominent supporter of Eugenics, serving as Director of the British Eugenics Society, and writing that eugenics is "the most important, significant and, I would add, genuine branch of sociology which exists".dvbuk55 wrote:I didn't say it was a good idea, only that it might have some merit - I mean improving the gene pool can't be all bad can it? Look at tomatoes, they have created a plastic, tasteless lookalike - now is that a bad thing.TeeferTiger wrote:Eugenics has NO merit whatsoever and I can't believe you'd even consider it as a good idea. Besides the fact that it's completely unethical, it wouldn't work from a biological POV.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child
That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth.TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child
Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now...............................fishtank wrote:That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth.TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child
It's funny and worrying at the same time! The film that is.dvbuk55 wrote:Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now...............................fishtank wrote:That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth.TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child
TeeferTiger wrote:It's funny and worrying at the same time! The film that is.dvbuk55 wrote:Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now...............................fishtank wrote:That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth.TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Royal Mail worker accused of insulting disabled child
I was thinking that with the news from Birmingham these last few days.NWpostie wrote:TeeferTiger wrote:It's funny and worrying at the same time! The film that is.dvbuk55 wrote:Have read the synopsis, will download it and watch it - how very topical when they are about to make school examinations on a par with the old O levels. When you look at the education levels now...............................fishtank wrote:That's a funny film...if a bit too close to the truth.TeeferTiger wrote:And I'm not saying improving the gene pool isn't a bad thing.. I've seen the film Idiocracy
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups