http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Opinion/Rea ... wales.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
November 17: Express postal delivery from Dundee to Wales
Today's writers to The Courier comment on postal services
* Published in the Courier : 17.11.10
* Published online : 17.11.10 @ 09.11am
Bookmark and Share
Send link
Article search
Express postal delivery from Dundee to Wales
Sir,-Andrew Argo's article — Sunday delivery to clear backlog — was of interest to me because I correspond regularly with a great lady in the DD5 area, an octogenarian like myself.
Mail has journeyed between us and has arrived, door to door within 24 hours. In fact, we have often joked that we have our own personal postie between DD5 and SY16.
Obviously, in the hills of Mid Wales, I have no idea about your postal problems but it would appear that someone is spending pounds to save pennies.
You have a wonderful newspaper which has helped me progress through various projects.
Jack Quinn
Newtown,
Powys.
Christmas mail backlog concern
Sir,-I see that Royal Mail in Dundee are still having problems.
On Sunday morning, when my doorbell rang, there was a postman delivering two parcels to me, one of which I knew had been posted in England on November 3.
Heaven help us customers in the run-up to Christmas.
June Reid.
Fintry,
Dundee.