ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfers as a part timer

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Shandy123
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 11:36
Gender: Male

Transfers as a part timer

Post by Shandy123 »

I'm currently on a
Last edited by Shandy123 on 21 Jan 2021, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
qwerty2
Posts: 2115
Joined: 30 Jun 2009, 00:42
Gender: Male

Transfers as a part timer

Post by qwerty2 »

30 hours is still classed as part time
Shandy123
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 11:36
Gender: Male

Transfers as a part timer

Post by Shandy123 »

qwerty2 wrote:30 hours is still classed as part time
So a transfer to a full time job is still 'against the rules'?
I wanted an actual bit of union advice. I am a member
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16699
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Transfers as a part timer

Post by clashcityrocker »

Shandy123 wrote: I wanted an actual bit of union advice. I am a member
Probably best to contact the union then.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
wallan
Posts: 498
Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
Gender: Male

Transfers as a part timer

Post by wallan »

Are both jobs The Same Grade ,has the Vacancy been advertised
Shandy123
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 11:36
Gender: Male

Transfers as a part timer

Post by Shandy123 »

wallan wrote:Are both jobs The Same Grade ,has the Vacancy been advertised
No and no
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Transfers as a part timer

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

If nobody more senior than you wants it then the job should be yours, I think it will have to be advertised though. Find the reps number of the office you want to transfer to and get them on the case.
wallan
Posts: 498
Joined: 09 Apr 2012, 08:12
Gender: Male

Transfers as a part timer

Post by wallan »

Shandy123 wrote:
wallan wrote:Are both jobs The Same Grade ,has the Vacancy been advertised
No and no
Possibly have to wait until the vacancy is advertised