not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Options during industrial action

07 Jun 2007, 17:11

Spoke to manager today,who said he's been instructed not to sanction any leave during industrial action,also intimated that anyone
off sick would not be paid!!
Seems it's one rule for one and one for another,as i'm prettty sure if the strike does go ahead they'll suddenly be lots of managers with annual
leave booked! :roll:

07 Jun 2007, 18:02

Your manager is talking bollox.
If you're sick you're sick.
As for leave,if you are not up to your limit with the amount you are allowed off,the way forward states you can have the time off.

07 Jun 2007, 18:32

Cheers,
merely repeating what he says was mentioned in this mornings conference call,so hope we know when the stoppage will be,so i can beat
him at his own silly game :dance

08 Jun 2007, 18:19

Thats a Manager for you. In my 23years Service i think i can count on one hand how many managers ive met that are actually worth their salt.

If Leighton really wants to turn this business around try getting rid of these so called managers, that would be lucky to get a job at Asda stacking shelves if they left the Post Office. :nana

But Please do me a favour Leighton. Start at Preston Mail Center. :wave

08 Jun 2007, 18:33

Good on yer mate,name em and shame em!!!

09 Jun 2007, 14:46

Does anyone know how much a typical Lineo/Alley Boss gets these days. The reason I'm asking is that to my mind it should not be much more than us. Why - well all they really are imho are Team Leaders/Supervisors.

They are not like Managers in other companies, where they can make decisions, change policy and use their own initiative when it comes to discipline and enforcing the rules. Our bosses don't appear to be able to think for themselves. They must follow the guidlines etc, and when you ask a difficult questions they always seem to say I'll get back to you and then go and ask the DOM/SOM

09 Jun 2007, 20:53

POSTMAN wrote:Your manager is talking bollox.
As for leave,if you are not up to your limit with the amount you are allowed off,the way forward states you can have the time off.

you're right as usual but let's not encourage people to book leave or go sick on strike days, if you're with the union, and we are on strike, then so are you. Have the courage to walk out like the rest of us.

we must stick together to achieve our goals

09 Jun 2007, 21:26

billypants wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Your manager is talking bollox.

you're right as usual but let's not encourage people to book leave or go sick on strike days, if you're with the union, and we are on strike, then so are you. Have the courage to walk out like the rest of us.

we must stick together to achieve our goals

Of course,i was only pointing it out,i wouldn't be happy if guys at my place done it :no no
Me goin nowhere :dance

Re: Options during industrial action

09 Jun 2007, 22:13

robd wrote:Spoke to manager today,who said he's been instructed not to sanction any leave during industrial action,also intimated that anyone
off sick would not be paid!!
Seems it's one rule for one and one for another,as i'm prettty sure if the strike does go ahead they'll suddenly be lots of managers with annual
leave booked! :roll:
Image The mind games have started---------An educational KWAKImage

Re: Options during industrial action

10 Jun 2007, 15:47

:[/quote]Image The mind games have started---------An educational KWAKImage[/quote]

That would imply that our screws have a mind to play games with. Can't see it myself . .

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1