not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Management Bag Of Dirty Tricks

30 Jun 2020, 21:44

In this thread: a list and glossary of all the sharp practice employed by the screws.
There may or may not be a screw publication called My First Big Bumper Book of RM Bullshit that they glean this wisdom from.

Please suggest counters to any of the sharp practices if possible as well as making contributions to the list/glossary.
Ta.

If this pans out we could print it and issue it to new starters as part of a survival kit.

30 Jun 2020, 21:48

This one has raised its head in a couple of threads recently and it's been around since my induction.

First line of defence from a screw when faced with a complaint possibly about workload.
"You should consider if this really is the job for you"
In other words 'like it or lump it.'
In one short sentence your complaint has been dismissed and the failing has been made yours.
Normally they only trot out this gem to the newbies who aren't familiar enough with the procedures.

30 Jun 2020, 22:37

Sir Henry wrote:This one has raised its head in a couple of threads recently and it's been around since my induction.

First line of defence from a screw when faced with a complaint possibly about workload.
"You should consider if this really is the job for you"
In other words 'like it or lump it.'
In one short sentence your complaint has been dismissed and the failing has been made yours.
Normally they only trot out this gem to the newbies who aren't familiar enough with the procedures.

Ha! Brilliant,after 38 years I still get it now,together with,Royal Mail has been good to you,so let them continue to treat you like c..p,and he says “you don’t have to come through the doors in the morning”.....

01 Jul 2020, 04:20

"Work over and don't worry, I'll remember this."

01 Jul 2020, 08:12

"Why can't you complete? So and so managed it yesterday no problem".

In other words you're slow and lazy and it's all your own fault.

01 Jul 2020, 16:07

"I'll sort something out I promise" usually said with an uneasy cheeriness.

Told to posties when they ask about..........well anything.

RM manager speak for "I'm gonna do absolutely nothing"

01 Jul 2020, 16:55

DOM: "We need you to bust a gut today"

Translated: We have given you too much workload.

Suggested Reply: Yeah ok I'll phone in tomorrow with my injury report

01 Jul 2020, 16:57

Not happened in a long,long time but when I used to inform one particular Lino that I wouldn’t be able to take my lapsing,he would respond with a look of abject horror,would then come over to inspect my frame & then start to count the letters IN the frame. Used to LOVE that

01 Jul 2020, 20:22

‘I’ve put you on this round today. It’s an easy round this one’

I just love replying with ‘oh that’s great, because I’m only doing my 5 hours today’

01 Jul 2020, 21:11

"That lapsing I gave you will take 10 minutes tops"

Postie, extends as the loop took 25 minutes. Manager forgot about factors like taking the mail and parcels off the frame including conveyance.

01 Jul 2020, 21:23

Swings and roundabouts is one that boils my piss. Usually as the twat holds his coffee cup in his hands and fecks off.

02 Jul 2020, 05:44

Temporary manager in for one day,il pay you 2 hours if you do some oversize for me!!!! Jog on like you have the authority to pay me out of my Dom's budget...some people fall for it regular boss comes back from day off..I'm due 2 hours from yesterday...don't know what you mean..

02 Jul 2020, 21:25

Day 1 - Can you leave your duty for a few days and do this one then this one, I'll get your duty covered.
Day 3 and there is 3 days worth of mail for you.

02 Jul 2020, 21:49

The old guilt trip

I've got no one else to do it/theres no cover

Whilst staff might be responsible for their duty, the rep once told me that Royal Mail planned our duties to be as big as possible to try and maximise our efficiency. So we are basically screwed when its busy and theres lapsing on top. Statements like the above are designed to make us responsible and force us into doing more overtime.

03 Jul 2020, 09:29

Had a row with a lino once an he said no favours for you anymore, I said no, I just want you to do your feckin job.

14 Jul 2020, 16:35

"Take it all with you...you might just surprise yourself."

They don't say this to me anymore, because the only surprised person was inevitably them when I rang them at 1 o' clock to confirm I was indeed bringing my predicted one or two loops back :nana

14 Jul 2020, 17:44

POSTMAN wrote:Had a row with a lino once an he said no favours for you anymore, I said no, I just want you to do your feckin job.

what favors did you get beforehand? :crazy:

14 Jul 2020, 18:11

Not answering the phone. For anything, ever.

Means you can't cut off, can't report issues, can't ring in sick etc etc.

14 Jul 2020, 18:17

sindba wrote:Not answering the phone. For anything, ever.

Means you can't cut off, can't report issues

Use the phone functionality of the PDA, then there's hopefully proof that you tried to contact the office about whatever the problem/issue is

14 Jul 2020, 19:25

There is no call log on the PDA available to us that I have found and believe me I've looked everywhere.
Had a row after I stood waiting for a bag drop off and they said I hadn't rang (Lino f****d off on lunch and forgot to tell anyone)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2