not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Invitation to a fact finding meeting

12 Nov 2019, 14:36

On Thursday 14th November I have been invited to a fact finding meeting.

I was handed a letter by a young power crazy line manager who is not popular.

On a recent trolley walk, I emptied a post box.

I was rushing back and failed to scan a bar code outside to complete the collection.

I simply forgot and apologised.

He will not let this lie. I have also done this once before.

In the letter it states, that the purpose of the meeting is to establish the facts and to determine if any formal action under the conduct policy is required.

What can he do?

Sack me or suspend me?

I also have the right in the meeting to be accompanied by a work colleague or union rep.

I am a little worried, and also feel he is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Advice welcome.

Thanks.

12 Nov 2019, 15:06

p5aul789 wrote:On Thursday 14th November I have been invited to a fact finding meeting.

I was handed a letter by a young power crazy line manager who is not popular.

On a recent trolley walk, I emptied a post box.

I was rushing back and failed to scan a bar code outside to complete the collection.

I simply forgot and apologised.

He will not let this lie. I have also done this once before.

In the letter it states, that the purpose of the meeting is to establish the facts and to determine if any formal action under the conduct policy is required.

What can he do?

Sack me or suspend me?

I also have the right in the meeting to be accompanied by a work colleague or union rep.

I am a little worried, and also feel he is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Advice welcome.

Thanks.

I've had a fact finding meeting before.

'No comment' everything.

They'll stitch you up. They did me.

12 Nov 2019, 15:07

He won't sack you.
You will probably get a 12 month you've been a naughty boy warning.

12 Nov 2019, 16:47

Sorry to sound unsympathetic but why are you rushing around, you are more likely to make mistakes and you end up as your own worst enemy. Just not worth it.

12 Nov 2019, 17:06

Make sure you have your rep with you and accurate notes are taken. Also, bear in mind it's a "fact finding interview", you're not there to give opinions; just the facts.

12 Nov 2019, 17:46

Hi P5aul789

Firstly get your rep involved, if you don't have one contact your area rep or branch (assuming your in the union). you are entitled to representation at this meeting and you shouldn't attend without a rep or at least a friend.
Secondly, the 3 c's should be being used, if this is only the second time you failed to scan a COD box( which although important is not the end of the world), when you did it the first time were you coached, if so this should only be a counseling session, which can and maybe should involve a line manager and a coach and a discussion around why you have missed scanning the box twice. but unless your constantly doing it, not a matter for a fact finding. and if you were not coached the first time, meaning a dated and signed at the time coaching form filled in and in your file, I E they started the 3c's process at that time, a little chat does not count. this should be only a coaching session.
I also think like stated above, unless you were constantly failing to scan the box it should be a matter for the 3c's and if you a new entrant being new should also get you some slack. good luck, and like someone said stop rushing around, that's how you make mistakes.

12 Nov 2019, 18:06

Gasman11 wrote:Sorry to sound unsympathetic but why are you rushing around, you are more likely to make mistakes and you end up as your own worst enemy. Just not worth it.

When i got back to the DO, someone was locking up and i was rushing to get stuff out of the trolley, 739's etc to quickly take upstairs.

I should have scanned the barcode first but forgot!

12 Nov 2019, 19:07

The pda shouldn't of let you log out of it without completing the consolidation scan back at the office.

14 Nov 2019, 18:32

Don't make the massive mistake I made on a fact finding meeting I had this year...not taking a union rep into the meeting with you. Thought I knew best & they had nothing on me but ended up with a 2 year suspended dismissal after a 30 year unblemished record.Lesson learned the hard way.

14 Nov 2019, 19:29

Jeppol wrote:Don't make the massive mistake I made on a fact finding meeting I had this year...not taking a union rep into the meeting with you. Thought I knew best & they had nothing on me but ended up with a 2 year suspended dismissal after a 30 year unblemished record.Lesson learned the hard way.

Been there pal , a shower of vindictive c___

14 Nov 2019, 21:21

Makes me question working for RM and working in this job much longer. Never worked somewhere where mistakes can be treated so harshly.

Would be scary having a mortgage, kids etc...

18 Nov 2019, 22:19

norris9 wrote:Makes me question working for RM and working in this job much longer. Never worked somewhere where mistakes can be treated so harshly.

Would be scary having a mortgage, kids etc...

Totally agree. RM seem to take a very harsh approach.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1