ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Changes to new uniform ordering process

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by POSTMAN »

We have made some welcome changes to our new uniform ordering process – based on your feedback and comments

We’ve updated and improved the new uniform ordering process based on your feedback – so that colleagues are now able to order the uniform accessories they want and need when making their requests as opposed to ALL products in the range.

National uniform and print manager Sam Dixon said: ‘Anyone placing orders for their new uniform will now be given the choice as to whether they order the accessories like headwear, belts and base layers, and footwear has been moved to the BAU ordering process.

‘With the brand-new uniform, we had wanted to give everyone the opportunity to try all the products in the new range as they are very different. But we were getting a lot of calls and emails about this from colleagues who were frustrated that just didn’t need everything.

‘So, based on your suggestions, we have worked with our suppliers, Dimensions, to update our ordering portal to reflect the changes you have asked for.

‘We are always open to feedback and hope these changes will not only make ordering uniform simpler for you but cut down on any unnecessary waste and admin time for everyone.

‘We are unable to amend any orders placed before August 24, but of course, if colleagues find they have ordered items that they would absolutely never wear, they can return them back to Dimensions.’
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
theargyspy
Posts: 252
Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by theargyspy »

Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that :crazy:

Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by ssdd »

theargyspy wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2021, 11:36
Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that :crazy:

Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc
Would you prefer the women's tights, sir? :wink:
theargyspy
Posts: 252
Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by theargyspy »

ssdd wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2021, 17:04
theargyspy wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2021, 11:36
Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that :crazy:

Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc
Would you prefer the women's tights, sir? :wink:
Only at weekends :oops: :shock: :Very Happy
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by ssdd »

:chuckle
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by rubberbond »

theargyspy wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2021, 17:51
ssdd wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2021, 17:04
theargyspy wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2021, 11:36
Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that :crazy:

Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc
Would you prefer the women's tights, sir? :wink:
Only at weekends :oops: :shock: :Very Happy
Suits you sir, ooh!
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by twoloops »

When I asked our DOM why we had to order everything, she said on launch day they wanted us in all the kit all looking the same, you will not be able to wear any of your old kit?
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by ssdd »

twoloops wrote: ↑
01 Sep 2021, 21:02
When I asked our DOM why we had to order everything, she said on launch day they wanted us in all the kit all looking the same, you will not be able to wear any of your old kit?
Can't see the old boys giving up their Harrington's without a fight...ALL the kit you say? Just picturing that....
Alantidey
Posts: 40
Joined: 30 Mar 2017, 06:49
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by Alantidey »

How about the posties wanting to wear shirts instead of polo shirts? I can’t believe we’re restricted to just one! It’s not like the shirts are dress shirts and worn for special occasions! It’s got pockets so much more useful than a polo. Will there be an opportunity to order more?

Good work with the other stuff though. I can’t see me wearing tights any time soon. ;liar
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process

Post by ssdd »

Alantidey wrote: ↑
02 Sep 2021, 21:06
How about the posties wanting to wear shirts instead of polo shirts? I can’t believe we’re restricted to just one! It’s not like the shirts are dress shirts and worn for special occasions! It’s got pockets so much more useful than a polo. Will there be an opportunity to order more?

Good work with the other stuff though. I can’t see me wearing tights any time soon. ;liar
It's crazy, this one shirt policy, but that's almost how they're treating it. Like it is for special occasions. In the end I just went with 5 short sleeve polos. It's what I wear at the moment. One for each day. One wash at the end of the week. Repeat. Stuff this 'which one shall I wear today?'.

The new hi-viz vests have pockets, so if you wear one of them you'll have extra anyway. The replenishment period for most of the new uniform is 24 months! That includes the tights, though quite how these are supposed to last that long I don't know. Maybe they're supposed to be for special occasions also. :shhhhh