Using a PDA isn't rocket science is it? And of course there's the ones that say "Have I got it the right way up"?postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??
Why do I have to explain to each and every one of them exactly what they should do with it and where they should sign, only for them, to either 1. still don't understand, or 2. sign it, but not on the box in screen?
Why do one or two customers arrange a re-delivery and then are not in?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
My issue is that the older folks on my rounds can't write on the PDA without resting their hand on the screen.postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??
Why the hell RM didn't spend an extra 20p per PDA to get multi-touch screens is beyond me. I've demonstrated about 1000 times that you can only write when you're only touching one part of the screen, but the next time they're still clueless.
PRESSING HARDER DOESN'T WORK!!!!
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
I have found one way to get round that problem. I always take a pda without a pen so they have to use their finger. One problem with that though, you have to tell them not to use their nail but the skin of their finger. So you can't win.Murdoch wrote:My issue is that the older folks on my rounds can't write on the PDA without resting their hand on the screen.postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??
Why the hell RM didn't spend an extra 20p per PDA to get multi-touch screens is beyond me. I've demonstrated about 1000 times that you can only write when you're only touching one part of the screen, but the next time they're still clueless.
PRESSING HARDER DOESN'T WORK!!!!
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Yeah, and the other 50% that can actually use the PDAs turn it upside down looking for the pen.CPTNemoUK wrote: I have found one way to get round that problem. I always take a pda without a pen so they have to use their finger. One problem with that though, you have to tell them not to use their nail but the skin of their finger. So you can't win.
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
PDAs
I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK
I just want to scan the thing
Why would I want to write a memo?!
Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid
I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK
I just want to scan the thing
Why would I want to write a memo?!
Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid
-
NorthernPostman
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 13 Mar 2018, 06:16
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When the PDA comes up with "androidsystemhasstoppedworking" and has to reset the PDA. Everytime just after I've knocked on a customers door

-
pmacca3
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 19:45
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
This.sindba wrote:PDAs
I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK
I just want to scan the thing
Why would I want to write a memo?!
Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid
Why isn't there an option to lock the PDA on the pending jobs screen ?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16710
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
People
People with dogs
Dogs
Spiders
People who order that Graze stuff but don't have a letter box big enough for the box.
When the hole is smaller than the flaps would suggest.
People with dogs
Dogs
Spiders
People who order that Graze stuff but don't have a letter box big enough for the box.
When the hole is smaller than the flaps would suggest.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
SillySinStorm
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 09:36
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
ParcelForce. So much ParcelForce. Why they even have a driver in our area is a mystery seeing as we take on EVERYTHING. The other day i delivered five 25kg conference tables, 2 sheds and a petrol lawnmower. All ParcelForce. Sick of it to be honest. It's hard enough completing without all the PF stuff....
-
p5aul789
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 18 Sep 2012, 10:03
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Delivering packets or parcels;(Always from the dense ones) "Do I need to sign for it"?
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
And:p5aul789 wrote:Delivering packets or parcels;(Always from the dense ones) "Do I need to sign for it"?
Is it for me?
What is it?
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
"Judging by the returns address, it's your latest batch of 'toys' from Lovehoney, madam. Have a fun afternoon!"yellowbelly wrote:And:p5aul789 wrote:Delivering packets or parcels;(Always from the dense ones) "Do I need to sign for it"?
Is it for me?
What is it?
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
-
David walters
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
When you’ve bn off for a few wks and u come by to work with a massive pile of missorts wAit for u because the lazy git who’s bn in u rd Havant dne them
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
And D2ds that have been left.
-
Your late today
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 09 Oct 2017, 13:37
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
And why do they put the collection boxes on main screen every time you just look at it , it says early collection are you sure no just f# off.sindba wrote:PDAs
I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK
I just want to scan the thing
Why would I want to write a memo?!
Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid