ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Greedy Posties

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by bustedflush »

woopesh wrote:
bustedflush wrote: Sales jobs like that tend to be filled by younger persons with a certain kind of suave about them.
This is true. My friend who works in retail, she is really quite attractive and is good at making people feel good about themselves. My wife hates her guts. :coolr Actually, on that basis, my wife would probably love my RM managers!

Yes, most of us in my DO were simian Neanderthal types best kept in one place and not unleashed on the unsuspecting public via the enclosed space of a shop or retail outlet. :chuckle :chuckle

I am safely ensconced at home now out of view, I suppose a Tube Driver would have been OK given that the public would only have a very quick blurry glimpse of me as I whizzed past the platform...

On a more serious note, I still believe it is a minefield looking for work outside RM, especially for long-timers who may get a shock to their system after say 15-30 years in the RM environment.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Greedy Posties

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I love the Fresh Air & Plenty of Exercise! :nana Plus I'd be pushed to find another job where I can wear my shorts all the time. :thumbup I'm not bothered about the wages because I know Royal Mail's only a small business, and don't have a lot of money, so I like to help them out. :cool
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Greedy Posties

Post by Darren Bent »

There are better and worse jobs than posties. I like the floating week perk in my job, but don't like working 6 days a week. Just wish we started at 6am rather than 7am. But nothing is perfect.