ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Weird names you've seen?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mule
Posts: 11
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 15:52
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by mule »

Heh... I used to deliver to Ben DeKock, and a Mr. Alan Partridge :)
Oh, and Paul McCartney.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by arnold cheshire »

nick clegg and david cameron :nana
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Thunderthighs »

Saw one today, and it was RTS...

Mr Bobland Marley. ( Think it was supposed to be "Bob and Marley", possibly.) Might be a real name, I don't know.

Maybe someone was trying to somehow "celebrate" one of the greatest singer/songwriters 30th Anniversary of his unfortunate death?

Jah Rule, Man!!!
tobytyke
Posts: 26
Joined: 13 May 2009, 22:23
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by tobytyke »

Had a packet today for a Mr P Sample. :Very Happy
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Thorby Bislam »

Today in callers office I had a girl named after a singer and a girl named after a song. A Kylie and a Jolene.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Thorby Bislam wrote:Today in callers office I had a girl named after a singer and a girl named after a song. A Kylie and a Jolene.
wow thats amazing not :dance
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Thorby Bislam wrote:Today in callers office I had a girl named after a singer and a girl named after a song. A Kylie and a Jolene.

I trust they were both satisfied with your ministrations :chuckle .....................oh and did you manage to find their parcels too :Very Happy
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Wessex »

May Swallow :shock:
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Straight4ward »

Every so often I get one on my walk from Vision Express addressed to a Mr. Dickface Superperson. :chuckle

I guess that at some point he pissed off a Vision Express employee who took revenge by altering his records on their database.

Odd thing though, I never get them back as an RTS. Too embarrassed, perhaps?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
mardenq
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 09:02

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by mardenq »

lives on my duty
mr robin flucker
Wiltshireboy
Posts: 117
Joined: 31 Oct 2007, 18:14
Location: Tidworth Wiltshire

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Wiltshireboy »

I have a Jay Arthur on my walk. :shock: Actually I have lots of them, metaphorically, but this is actually this blokes name. :left:
Also a Wayne Kerr. :Applause
danieljp
Posts: 20
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 14:54
Gender: Male
Location: South

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by danieljp »

I had a letter for an Arthur Pounder yesterday, and the envelope had been stamped with a logo on the back of a video camera and a home movie companys name :crazy:
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Eric Cantona »

Two guys on my walk Wayne Kerr. Mike Hunt.
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Thorby Bislam »

Packet today for a Robin Banks.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
old-postie
Posts: 59
Joined: 15 Jan 2010, 21:47
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by old-postie »

I used to deliver to a guy who installed showers

his name?

Norman Bates


and I saw one couple announcing in the local newspaper
the birth of their son

Anakin Jude
(poor b@st@d, with parents like that who needs enemies)