so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
I'm not for one moment disputing your point that many part-timers have the tougher side of things and feel hard done to,especially the one's looking for full-time. It's pretty clear the easier part of the job is standing in a warm office doing ips or prepping,which is what in the main they don't do,if i were part-time now,doubtless i would feel the same. But unfortunately in recent years the indoor element of the job has been decimated and the part-time job is what it is!halfull wrote:well heres another one,id bet 90% of partimers would agree with me! go figure!bunkerland wrote:Crazy indeed,in fact,dare i say it,almost..............unbelievable!halfull wrote:believe it or not i came to that figure by working with fulltimers! crazy isnt itbunkerland wrote:90% seems quite high! Might i ask how you arrived at such a figure? Is there some sort of mathematical formula for working it out,or is it the result of some sort of painstaking research you've conducted? I'm guessing your figure for part-timers is somewhat lower,pro rata perhaps? Does that mean if a part-timer goes full time they"ve got a 90% chance of turning into a s**t then,or do you have another formula for that?halfull wrote:90% of fulltimers dont give a s**t about nobody except themselves.bunkerland wrote:i think we can all agree that part-timers are all desperately hard done to,salt of the earth types,who are worked like slaves and rewarded with a pittance! I hope we can also agree that all full-timers are the most selfish lazy scum of the earth work shirkers that ever wasted the planets supply of oxegen,especially the >20 year boys who should be stripped,shackled,and lashed with a whip in front of the whole office!
There,i think that about summarizes this thread!.
Why that should make 90% of part-time staff see full-timers as tossers,is a mystery to me!
Don't hate the players,hate the game!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
There is a danger that some come on here and try to apply what they perceive in their corner of Royal Mail to the whole business.
In my office part-timers and full-timers work together in pairs.
The full-timer isn't going anywhere without the part-timer and vice versa.
The only difference in the job is the indoor element.
If doing indoor work makes you a tosser halfull then that means everybody in mailcentres,rdc's,customer services,cleaners,MDEC and various other places are also tossers.
In my office part-timers and full-timers work together in pairs.
The full-timer isn't going anywhere without the part-timer and vice versa.
The only difference in the job is the indoor element.
If doing indoor work makes you a tosser halfull then that means everybody in mailcentres,rdc's,customer services,cleaners,MDEC and various other places are also tossers.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
fishtank wrote: If doing indoor work makes you a tosser halfull then that means everybody in mailcentres,rdc's,customer services,cleaners,MDEC and various other places are also tossers.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
Don't wind them up.clashcityrocker wrote:
The PT/FT thing is bad enough.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
Because we've got the same finishing time.halfull wrote:so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
well prep faster then!ElvisGaddafi wrote:Because we've got the same finishing time halfwit.halfull wrote:so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
Leadership Skills Check List DO.
Use of Divide and Conquer.
Incorrect Extrapolation of experience.
Building Barriers
Lack of empathy
Application of Bullying tactics
Use of imaginary statistical data
Using incorrect language
Poor grammar
This thread has it all and yet it started so well
Use of Divide and Conquer.

Incorrect Extrapolation of experience.

Building Barriers

Lack of empathy

Application of Bullying tactics

Use of imaginary statistical data

Using incorrect language

Poor grammar

This thread has it all and yet it started so well
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
if you dont like the way you have got it to the partimer's who get out earlier than you why dont you swap contracts with them & then you will be happy eh?? until then enjoy your fulltime wage & stop moaningElvisGaddafi wrote:Because we've got the same finishing time halfwit.halfull wrote:so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
In which world are the part-timers getting out "earlier" ?? Not in my world ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....
As this thread has descended into name calling as do all of these divide and conquer ones I am locking it.
Yes you are entitled to Free Speech, but the right of free speech does not allow you to use abusive terms that could in other circumstances be called defamation of character or slander, and if they were used in the street with Police around could get you a Breach of the Peace.
Debate is welcome, name calling is not.
Yes you are entitled to Free Speech, but the right of free speech does not allow you to use abusive terms that could in other circumstances be called defamation of character or slander, and if they were used in the street with Police around could get you a Breach of the Peace.
Debate is welcome, name calling is not.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.