ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

back pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

back pay

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

maisymoo04 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:
wont a affect them one bit :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle
When if they had read the agreement they would see that the changes are going to impact MCs just as much.

Royal Mail said they are changing the culture within Management, looks like OPGs need to do the same.
stupid comments ???
That it won't affect MCs
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Bluesman
Posts: 29
Joined: 30 Mar 2016, 13:53
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by Bluesman »

So it will be a week on Friday, 13th April?

The horror!
deko79
Posts: 9
Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 17:44
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by deko79 »

Bluesman wrote:So it will be a week on Friday, 13th April?

The horror!
Was this announced today?
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by BeamishStout »

deko79 wrote:
Bluesman wrote:So it will be a week on Friday, 13th April?

The horror!
Was this announced today?
Not as far I know. :arrrghhh

My impending resignation/retirement letter hinges on an official date. Don't want to take the chance that I may have to jump through loads of hoops if I leave before it (backpay) goes into my pay.
roswell1000
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Jan 2018, 07:30
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by roswell1000 »

I can view my payslip on psp from a Wednesday onwards I will let you know in the morning if it has made this weeks cut off
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by aiden01 »

roswell1000 wrote:I can view my payslip on psp from a Wednesday onwards I will let you know in the morning if it has made this weeks cut off
No chance of it lucky to get before may.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by Celgar »

postslippete wrote:For me the goal isn't to simply earn more money but to live life on your own terms. This agreement could well represent something of a watershed in that respect. I dread to think what agreements could be drafted up in future just so the CWU can enable the 'flight to 35'. Something tells me that its not going to happen unless we are all out doing 7 hour deliveries every day with automated hours data capture being used to its fullest extent.
Seven hour delivery span isn't far away from where we are now. I am already on six hour just on delivering the mail on the busier days of the week.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
cavendish9027
Posts: 24
Joined: 18 Jun 2012, 18:30
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by cavendish9027 »

roswell1000 wrote:I can view my payslip on psp from a Wednesday onwards I will let you know in the morning if it has made this weeks cut off
Any news?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 62&t=85291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Andy_07
Posts: 60
Joined: 07 Feb 2011, 22:03
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by Andy_07 »

5% of say £400 is £20 ? so say £80 a month x 6months back pay ? Nearly £500 is that how it works ?
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

back pay

Post by Spedley »

Andy_07 wrote:5% of say £400 is £20 ? so say £80 a month x 6months back pay ? Nearly £500 is that how it works ?
Sounds about right, also on overtime. Probably more like 7 months.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by wacko74 »

Somebody did give a detailed illustration of what we can expect to get, but I can't find it now.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by number one »

If you’ve earned £15k since the 1st October it’s £750
officernopants
Posts: 13
Joined: 19 Mar 2018, 06:48
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by officernopants »

Full timers its 577 before tax not including o\t SAs etc
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

back pay

Post by aiden01 »

officernopants wrote:Full timers its 577 before tax not including o\t SAs etc
How can you work it out without knowing when its going to be paid.. :hmmmm