ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
delivering to apartment blocks.
-
mancpat
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
Regardless of what the royal mail ruling says on here. Has anybody actually been told that. Because most people are seemingly told that they come to you, by planners and managers.
The majority of my work colleagues don't come on here and I learn a lot more than them through here. But if I didn't then how are we supposed to know all this.
The majority of my work colleagues don't come on here and I learn a lot more than them through here. But if I didn't then how are we supposed to know all this.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.


All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
To be fair he has provided a link to the actual agreement it is taken from.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.
He hasn't just made stuff up and decide it must be right because they say so - like some posters on here.
The correct procedure is as stated.
And he appears to have knowledge of people being sacked for flouting it.
I find it amusing that some people prefer to go by what their DOM says. As if they know anything.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
Its not an agreement as such, its a Royal Mail webpage to advise customers so how valid it would be at an ET is open to debate. However I agree its a reasonable course of action to do as stated, and it's amazing how managers managers change their tune when asked to provide a written instruction, or when something goes wrong.motherhubbard wrote:To be fair he has provided a link to the actual agreement it is taken from.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.
He hasn't just made stuff up and decide it must be right because they say so - like some posters on here.
The correct procedure is as stated.
And he appears to have knowledge of people being sacked for flouting it.
I find it amusing that some people prefer to go by what their DOM says. As if they know anything.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
something going wrong like your trolley being stolen while you're upstairs getting a signature. I wonder how their procedure/rules would go then. 
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
and I go by what my DOM says because he announced it downstairs in front of us all, with rep and both sub reps present. so whether he knows anything or not, we go by what he says and any comeback is on him. 
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
If you are using a lwt then it isn't perhaps the correct equipment for the duty.daveyeff wrote:something going wrong like your trolley being stolen while you're upstairs getting a signature. I wonder how their procedure/rules would go then.
There isn't a problem with a HCT as long as it is chained up.
Unless there are local security arrangements which would take precedence.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
planners put it in the revision. park and loop with two lightweight trollies on the van. you'd think they would know this. they also ruled out hct because of the location of the flats. so lwt it is. 
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
Enough said.daveyeff wrote:planners put it in the revision.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
have to say I would agree with that, but on this occasion they got it right. HCT is not right for this duty. so two lightweights were the equipment allocated to the van.motherhubbard wrote:Enough said.daveyeff wrote:planners put it in the revision.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
Or it could have been planned to park the van outside the flats so the correct procedures could have been followed without compromising the integrity of the mail.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
drivers away doing packets when im doing the flats with the trolley. that's why his loops were made a lot smaller.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
This is a most hated part of the job for me now. I never used to leave any mail unattended at any time whatsoever but nowadays I have to leave the LWT outside blocks of small flats while I deliver to the floors inside. It's only a couple of floors, takes 30 seconds to a minute or so depending on the packets, but that's considerably longer than I ever used to leave mail unattended when it was 'bag on the shoulder' rules. I don't agree with it, but those are the rules now. Apparently the statistics say that a scally won't nick a packet if they have less than a very short time to do it. 
-
bigbazza
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: delivering to apartment blocks.
lol i'm sure there's a pill for that.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its like an ear worm you just can't get out of your head. I wonder if he will join in any other discussions.