ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annoying work colleagues

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Aquarius
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40

Annoying work colleagues

Post by Aquarius »

The loudmouths who think they are 'it' with the banter just having a laugh type.
The troublemakers type
The two-faced behind your back never to your face type.
The "why doesn't he talk to me" weird type - who then moans behind your back that you never talk type.
The shifty one who tells you your working too hard or too slow type.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Annoying work colleagues

Post by Jpro747 »

Those who think they can boss everyone about even though they aren't managers. They are usually buddies with the manager and do half of their work for them for less pay. Idiots.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Annoying work colleagues

Post by baldrick »

SierraOscarBravo wrote:What things annoy you about the people you work with?
When they say they can't support their workmates on strike because of their 'principles'.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Annoying work colleagues

Post by Lounge Lizard »

baldrick wrote:
SierraOscarBravo wrote:What things annoy you about the people you work with?
When they say they can't support their workmates on strike because of their 'principles'.
and because they can't afford to, even though they have more disposable income than those who do strike. :thumbdown
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Annoying work colleagues

Post by Interested-seeker »

Annoys me seeing rubbish and rubber bands in vans. When I have time, I clear it all out....but maybe that's because I am a neat freak.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Annoying work colleagues

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Interested-seeker wrote:Annoys me seeing rubbish and rubber bands in vans. When I have time, I clear it all out....but maybe that's because I am a neat freak.
Er, the rubbish and rubber bands are only left in the vans because your colleagues know that you will clear it all out. :shock: :Applause
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Annoying work colleagues

Post by Interested-seeker »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:Annoys me seeing rubbish and rubber bands in vans. When I have time, I clear it all out....but maybe that's because I am a neat freak.
Er, the rubbish and rubber bands are only left in the vans because your colleagues know that you will clear it all out. :shock: :Applause
No they don't actually....

I use different vans all the time for collections. It has only been over the last week or so that I have started clearing out stuff and only if I am waiting around for my collection to start (post-delivery). Every van in the fleet is the same and I suspect it has been like that before I started thanks. I will keep to my high standards and will continue with what I am doing regardless of what you think.
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

Annoying work colleagues

Post by scoobymunster »

Interested-seeker wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:Annoys me seeing rubbish and rubber bands in vans. When I have time, I clear it all out....but maybe that's because I am a neat freak.
Er, the rubbish and rubber bands are only left in the vans because your colleagues know that you will clear it all out. :shock: :Applause
No they don't actually....

I use different vans all the time for collections. It has only been over the last week or so that I have started clearing out stuff and only if I am waiting around for my collection to start (post-delivery). Every van in the fleet is the same and I suspect it has been like that before I started thanks. I will keep to my high standards and will continue with what I am doing regardless of what you think.
Eventually you'll embrace the filth :nana Most of our vans are absolutely rancid inside, when cleaning a van out, I now refuse to put my hand under the seat/into the overhead storage for fear of what I may find. :no no We work with some absolutely disgusting people.
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

k979aaa wrote:Working before their start time while not being paid what kind of idiot would do that?.
BernardBresslaw wrote:The ones who moan about everything and anything yet refuse to join the union and/or work during industrial action.
spoodoo wrote:The selfish pr**s who only think of number 1. At the same time ruining the job for rest of us.
DirtyHarry wrote:The thing that annoys me most about some of my colleagues, is the way they keep playing into management 's hands. Day after day, after day.
My partner. Muppet.
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

Annoying work colleagues

Post by ernieshoe »

dandydon wrote:The loudmouths who think they are 'it' with the banter just having a laugh type.
The troublemakers type
The two-faced behind your back never to your face type.
The "why doesn't he talk to me" weird type - who then moans behind your back that you never talk type.
The shifty one who tells you your working too hard or too slow type.
I'snt that all postmen / women covered.

How about the "been there 20 years type" who have only done one round and are a waste of space who will strike !
HA HA
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Annoying work colleagues

Post by Glenno »

On a more sreious note, I take on board what happens in D/O'S all over the country, Different styles and work patterns, what suites one office dosn't suite another, so how do we all overcome this, whining and bitching we have done for years, but when the chips are down who have you got to turn too?
The CWU are their to Negotiate our Terms & Conditions, the political climate at the moment isn't that great' should we strike/shouldnt we strike

RM are forcing us into a one way road, where there is no u-turns, their proposals are NOT acceptable, if we do not defend now, there will nothing left to defend in the future

The choice is yours Brothers & Sisters, Vote CWU or RM
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Annoying work colleagues

Post by GRS »

Those who drop elastic bands all round the walk. I cover different walks every day and am forever picking up discarded bands. Can't stand the thought that a bird,hedgehog,cat etc may end up suffering because some lazy bastard finds it easier to drop a band than put it in their pocket,pouch,over their wrist or over the trolley handle.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Annoying work colleagues

Post by aiden01 »

ernieshoe wrote:
dandydon wrote:The loudmouths who think they are 'it' with the banter just having a laugh type.
The troublemakers type
The two-faced behind your back never to your face type.
The "why doesn't he talk to me" weird type - who then moans behind your back that you never talk type.
The shifty one who tells you your working too hard or too slow type.
I'snt that all postmen / women covered.

How about the "been there 20 years type" who have only done one round and are a waste of space who will strike !
HA HA
Unlike your goodself :hmmmm
glfp
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18

Annoying work colleagues

Post by glfp »

GRS wrote:Those who drop elastic bands all round the walk. I cover different walks every day and am forever picking up discarded bands. Can't stand the thought that a bird,hedgehog,cat etc may end up suffering because some lazy bastard finds it easier to drop a band than put it in their pocket,pouch,over their wrist or over the trolley handle.
with you 100% on that !
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

Annoying work colleagues

Post by ernieshoe »

aiden01 wrote:
ernieshoe wrote:
dandydon wrote:The loudmouths who think they are 'it' with the banter just having a laugh type.
The troublemakers type
The two-faced behind your back never to your face type.
The "why doesn't he talk to me" weird type - who then moans behind your back that you never talk type.
The shifty one who tells you your working too hard or too slow type.
I'snt that all postmen / women covered.

How about the "been there 20 years type" who have only done one round and are a waste of space who will strike !
HA HA
Unlike your goodself :hmmmm
I'm Jim Carver - tear up any round and then go home - show ma boat later.
It is was it is what it is.