ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

stage 1 interview

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Theghost wrote:Ok smart arse
Not really debating is it - please follow the rules I hate warning and banning people.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by Theghost »

Oh come on,You cant make tongue in cheek remarks? He took it the way intended,Sad it cant be seen that way by others.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Theghost wrote:Oh come on,You cant make tongue in cheek remarks? He took it the way intended,Sad it cant be seen that way by others.
Perhaps then OK Smart Arse :Very Happy would have been better. Certainly clearer.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by hampshireman »

fishtank wrote:
cantbelieveit's... wrote:
fishtank wrote:
lekker wrote:Hell -fire I wouldn't represent you :evil/mad

I would have. :neutral:
Not on behalf of the CWU....but as a colleague.
I think there are enough tossers in this company without us starting a lynch mob every time a non-member turns up.
Any non-members reading this thread are really going to want to join now aren't they?. :roll:
Does anybody actually know why unions were formed...and why they are dying on their arse?. :cuppa
So i pay £3 odd a week ,mr non-member pays nothing but still gets representation, why should i pay?? Union rules say he should not be represented :no no :no no
Did you read my post?
I said i wouldn't represent him on behalf of the CWU...only as a colleague.
You pay your subs so that you can be represented...not so that others can't.
This CWU isn't a secret society...and it isn't the beginning and end of the Trade Union Movement.
I am a Trade Unionist first and a CWU member second.
And a real Trade Unionist would not stand back and see a colleague being rolled over by management.



Excellent.Proper human being
mma83
Posts: 92
Joined: 28 Oct 2010, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: B'Ham

Re: stage 1 interview

Post by mma83 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mma83 wrote:As a new starter 8 weeks ago I needed Union help as I was being unfairly treated and was threatened to be walked off site as I got a bit argumentative with Lino and DOM. Spoke to union rep who admittedly gave me some good advice and helped smooth things over with the DOM, but was told he would see me and produce a union form to join up. Never happened, phoned several times after re same sort of problems and never replied to calls/texts etc.

Yes, all D.O's union representatives act in different manners, but surely common courtesy i.e call back. Should come as standard??

Needless to say, I never joined as it seems they are non-existant at my office and nobody even knew the number for our rep when I was asking. He quit 2 weeks later and we havn't had a rep for the last 4 weeks as far as i'm aware..... :shock:
If you still want to join - go to the top :Very Happy http://www.cwu.org/11992/membership-forms.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Would join, but as far as i'm aware(I might be wrong) we have no rep at our office and in my 10 weeks or so have never even heard the 'union' or 'rep' word mentioned. There is a union room at our D.O but that has now been taken over by our D.O.M :d'oh!