No disrespect but your view isn't in the agreement.dingo wrote: in my view
Either it is seniority or it isn't.
It needs to be clarified.
No disrespect but your view isn't in the agreement.dingo wrote: in my view
In a nutshell..... probably.lolawesomepenguin wrote:Once again it appears that the people who have negotiated this agreement don't fully understand what it is they have negotiated.....??
Query, if I'm on a 35 HR week I can expect three lots of payments by 2022 to compensate for the hour reduction that full timers will get so when the full timers achieve the 35 HR week my basic will be much higher than them,is that right?dingo wrote:For a part time when they do an hour above their contracted hours they get an basic hour which includes an increase in the Delivery Supplement up to 39 hours.regalia25 wrote:dingo wrote:Have you read the agreement ?
Additionally a part timer stands to get 12.3 % pay rise over the three years of this agreement whereas a full time gets 7%.
Why is this spin used so often ?
EVERYONE's hourly rate will be going up by 12.3% !!
Why is it portrayed as being better for part-timer's ? That would only be the case if they only worked their contracted hours.
The vast majority at our place work full time hours, so the SWW will mean they are just being slightly less ripped off with holiday and sick pay !!
For a 25 hour contracted they will get the following increases
Basic £264.29 plus 5% = £278.20 = £13.91
Delivery Supplement £15.34 plus 5% = £16.16 = £0.82
Total increase £14.73
In October when full timers become 38 Hours part timers will get an additional 2.665% pay rise which is
£278.20 plus 2.665% = £285.81 = £7.61
Delivery Sup £16.16 plus 2.665 = £0.44
Total increase £8.05
In April 2018 the 2% pay rise
£286.81 plus 2.0% = £291.64 = £5.83
£16.60 Delivery Sup plus 2.0% = £16.93 = £0.33
Total £6.16
Than additional hour off the working week from April 2018
£291.64 plus 2.665 % = £299.62 = £7.98
£16.93 Delivery Sup plus 2.665 % = £0.46
Total £8.44
Deal for a 25 hour part timer over 3 years is £37.36 per week increase where as a full timer get 7% and £30.95 per week.
No its wrong.geordieboy123 wrote:
Query, if I'm on a 35 HR week I can expect three lots of payments by 2022 to compensate for the hour reduction that full timers will get so when the full timers achieve the 35 HR week my basic will be much higher than them,is that right?
I'm struggling with this, as everyone gets the same percentage pay increase but part timers get another 2+% so the actual amount of pay has got to be different,hasn't it?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No its wrong.geordieboy123 wrote:
Query, if I'm on a 35 HR week I can expect three lots of payments by 2022 to compensate for the hour reduction that full timers will get so when the full timers achieve the 35 HR week my basic will be much higher than them,is that right?
As the FT hours go down their hourly rate goes up at the same pace as everyone else. So the fewer hours worked is compensated by being paid more per hour.
Its difficult to explain, but EVERYONE except new starters will be on the same hourly rate.
When fters drop from 39 to 38 hrs hourly rate goes up for everyone. Pters gross pay rises fters doesn’t.geordieboy123 wrote:I'm struggling with this, as everyone gets the same percentage pay increase but part timers get another 2+% so the actual amount of pay has got to be different,hasn't it?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No its wrong.geordieboy123 wrote:
Query, if I'm on a 35 HR week I can expect three lots of payments by 2022 to compensate for the hour reduction that full timers will get so when the full timers achieve the 35 HR week my basic will be much higher than them,is that right?
As the FT hours go down their hourly rate goes up at the same pace as everyone else. So the fewer hours worked is compensated by being paid more per hour.
Its difficult to explain, but EVERYONE except new starters will be on the same hourly rate.
EVERYONE will get the pay rise this week - unless there is a problem with the system.SMPILE wrote:When do part timers receive the first part of their pay rise and is there any backdated pay?
No. I hour reduction in the working week from 39 to 38 with no loss of pay is equivalent to a 2.6% pay rise.geordieboy123 wrote:I'm struggling with this, as everyone gets the same percentage pay increase but part timers get another 2+% so the actual amount of pay has got to be different,hasn't it?
Dingo I have edited your original post to the first paragraph. The word immediate is also used in the following extract from the agreement.dingo wrote:Have you read the agreement ?
There are better words on part timers than ever before about what constitutes a need for an up lift in contract hours. Everyone know this has to be done immediately after this agreement is voted on.
Highlighted sentence is crucial IMO. It's "in line with (current) agreements" - so nothing new, "where justified" - the ultimaterogersh wrote:Dingo I have edited your original post to the first paragraph. The word immediate is also used in the following extract from the agreement.dingo wrote:Have you read the agreement ?
There are better words on part timers than ever before about what constitutes a need for an up lift in contract hours. Everyone know this has to be done immediately after this agreement is voted on.
I know it is early days, but when can we expect to hear that action is being taken to implement the agreement as indicated.
Personally I gave up on the 6 monthly reviews & resigned myself to part-time but I still am keen that others deserve the opportunity to have their hours increased.
I am also interested to see the result of the joint audit regarding use of agency workers because as stated "It is a joint aspiration to reduce the number of Agency/Casual workers within our facilities" . This reduction would have a bearing on the need to increase PT hours.
Pre- Ballot agreement Negotiators settlement 2018
8. Resourcing in line with current agreements (EDITED points)
Both parties will re-affirm they will deploy legally binding commitments to part- time workers and the
use of agency workers.
In respect of part-time worker the following will apply with immediate effect.
It is apparent that while some colleagues have secured additional conditioned hours and also converted
to full- time there is more that can be done to reflect a part-time workers commitment to additional
hours (should they wish it.) This means, in line with our agreements, and where justified, we should
focus on moving to full time or increasing contractual hours, below full-time, either on a temporary or
permanent variation of contract.