ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol
Why do people on here have a go at others for asking a question, if you read the post properly he doesn't actually say he's had a pint but uses the phrase as an example, maybe he did have one but it wasn't the question.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol
I've got to agree,Iwouldn't thank you for a pint,I'd much rather have a cup of tea.bustedflush wrote:I'd see your GP if you are that desperate for a pint after work.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol
I still can't get over the second video link I posted. My personal after-work routine is a nice coffee when I get home, toast and some painkillers. If I had any wish to consume alcohol in the week, after work, I'd regard it as an issue.DB1100 wrote:I've got to agree,Iwouldn't thank you for a pint,I'd much rather have a cup of tea.bustedflush wrote:I'd see your GP if you are that desperate for a pint after work.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3621
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol
It is generally recommended that 8 hour should elapse before commencing driving.
There's your answer. driving and drinking doesn't mix well especially so if you are using a works vehicle with duty of care to the public.
There's your answer. driving and drinking doesn't mix well especially so if you are using a works vehicle with duty of care to the public.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol
Yes, eight hours would be about right for a moderate evening out.NWpostie wrote:It is generally recommended that 8 hour should elapse before commencing driving.
There's your answer. driving and drinking doesn't mix well especially so if you are using a works vehicle with duty of care to the public.
They say about an hour for each half pint of ordinary strength beer so eight hours should clear four pints.
It is indeed good news that UK drink-drive fatalities and injuries are at their lowest level since detailed records began in 1979. Drink-drive deaths have plummeted dramatically, to about 14% of their 1979 level, while the number of kilometres travelled over the same period has roughly doubled. Another significant statistic was that over the same period, alcohol as a factor in road accidents has halved; drink is now considered to be a factor in 13% of accidents, compared to 25% in 1979.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Driving RM vans after drinking alcohol
I would too,we don't get enough time off to spend it in an alcoholic daze,I go straight to the gym from work,then comes the cup of tea and relax.bustedflush wrote:I still can't get over the second video link I posted. My personal after-work routine is a nice coffee when I get home, toast and some painkillers. If I had any wish to consume alcohol in the week, after work, I'd regard it as an issue.DB1100 wrote:I've got to agree,Iwouldn't thank you for a pint,I'd much rather have a cup of tea.bustedflush wrote:I'd see your GP if you are that desperate for a pint after work.
For we were soldiers once,and young