What those two? Never!!dvbuk55 wrote:wabbithunta wrote:I'm now waiting for the insane, and inane comments to follow that last comment.
Well here it comes - in a nutsack - Yes
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Thank you Royal Mail
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Wednesday
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
We all need to wear badges saying "No to zero hour contracts" to stop this happening.dvbuk55 wrote:What? With all the legal protections in placeJpro747 wrote:PT/FT... Who cares! Were all doing the same thing just working less or more hours. In a few years we'll all be on zero hour contracts and shafted even more than we are now.
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
at my office we have a few people on 16 hour contracts, and at the moment a few people on long term sick, so the 16 hour staff get extra shifts offered to them which is great, but it makes their hours up, but if they want a day off then they are afraid to say no to a shift in case the manager doesn't offer it to them again. but 16 hours is better than zero.dvbuk55 wrote:And of course nothing can change the agreement but as a moot point would a 1 hour contract be OK - it's not ZERO but in the wording of the agreement it would appear to fulfil the agreement in actualite but not in the spirit. It has been said many times the words are the words and that the spirit of fairness aren't written in the agreement.wabbithunta wrote:There is more on this part of the agreement but I'm sure you've read it as you seem so positive that we'll all be on Zero Hour Contracts, despite the fact this agreement says otherwise.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
Well that's true, but is that not the element of a two tier work force already that the union say we're protected from?Timelord wrote:at my office we have a few people on 16 hour contracts, and at the moment a few people on long term sick, so the 16 hour staff get extra shifts offered to them which is great, but it makes their hours up, but if they want a day off then they are afraid to say no to a shift in case the manager doesn't offer it to them again. but 16 hours is better than zero.dvbuk55 wrote:And of course nothing can change the agreement but as a moot point would a 1 hour contract be OK - it's not ZERO but in the wording of the agreement it would appear to fulfil the agreement in actualite but not in the spirit. It has been said many times the words are the words and that the spirit of fairness aren't written in the agreement.wabbithunta wrote:There is more on this part of the agreement but I'm sure you've read it as you seem so positive that we'll all be on Zero Hour Contracts, despite the fact this agreement says otherwise.
-
Bag of d2d
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 21 Apr 2008, 14:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Capital
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
What is the point of this thread?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
Does there have to be one. I like these random threads, it adds spice to the mix.Bag of d2d wrote:What is the point of this thread?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
Thank you for letting me on ips to sort all the part timers mail out,while they just come and keep emptying there boxes,while I haven't thrown one letter in on my rural.im sick to f***ing death of people moaning at work.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplementTrueBlueTerrier wrote:ThisTimelord wrote:What are the inaccuracies?
We have not been paid separately for D2Ds for over 3 years now.Timelord wrote:my d2d payment is pro rata
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
Godric wrote:i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplementTrueBlueTerrier wrote:ThisTimelord wrote:What are the inaccuracies?
We have not been paid separately for D2Ds for over 3 years now.Timelord wrote:my d2d payment is pro rata
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
Why don't you try getting a job that pays as much as you earn now then?Godric wrote: i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplement
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
After all, there are so many vacancies around at the moment, we're all spoilt for choice 
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
Bahia Feliz wrote:Why don't you try getting a job that pays as much as you earn now then?Godric wrote: i'm averaging about 5 D2Ds per week ... and I am getting paid roughly £8 more instead of the £40 quid I got for delivering 3 D2Ds per week ... Royal Mail are making a killing I must be losing nearly £60-£70 quid per week by not getting paid for doing 5 D2Ds excluding the £8 pounds I get on top of my £12.40 night allowance that was lumped into the supplement
just pointing out the bare facts of the cuts we have had to endure since the last deal the CWU conned delivery postmen into voting for with the help of mail centre staff
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
Why is it so inconceivable to anyone that:Godric wrote: just pointing out the bare facts of the cuts we have had to endure since the last deal the CWU conned delivery postmen into voting for with the help of mail centre staff
Delivery staff voted for BT 2010 because they thought it was a good deal?
That D2D into workload should be viewed as a good thing by some?
That the lump sums only played a small part in their decision?
That no deal was voted in without the majority delivery staff and had little or nothing to do with MC staff who have had their own crosses to bear from the MC rationalisation plan.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
clashcityrocker wrote:Why is it so inconceivable to anyone that:Godric wrote: just pointing out the bare facts of the cuts we have had to endure since the last deal the CWU conned delivery postmen into voting for with the help of mail centre staff
Delivery staff voted for BT 2010 because they thought it was a good deal?
That D2D into workload should be viewed as a good thing by some?
That the lump sums only played a small part in their decision?
That no deal was voted in without the majority delivery staff and had little or nothing to do with MC staff who have had their own crosses to bear from the MC rationalisation plan.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16728
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Thank you Royal Mail
I have to say if that is the level of your debating ability, it is no wonder you lost the vote on BT 2010.Judgee wrote:![]()
You seem completely unable to see anyone else's viewpoint and unable to articulate your own viewpoint with any clarity.
Sad really.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.