ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Weird names you've seen?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sithole - no kidding
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Post Off
Posts: 268
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Post Off »

When I first saw that... Well, you know, I thought it was Sh*thole. :left:

I'm pretty sure there's a Mr and Mrs Shittu on one of our walks, but I'm unsure of the correct pronunciation. :silenced :whistle
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!

Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by fishtank »

Post Off wrote:When I first saw that... Well, you know, I thought it was Sh*thole. :left:

I'm pretty sure there's a Mr and Mrs Shittu on one of our walks, but I'm unsure of the correct pronunciation. :silenced :whistle
If it's the same as Danny the football player...it's as bad as it looks. :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by OnAFlyer »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Sithole - no kidding
I've seen that name as well on one of our walks!

On my walks there have been a few I remember:

Mrs I Sockett
Mr P Shooter
Mrs I Needham
Mrs B Quick

The last two actually lived a couple of doors apart, always good for a laugh when delivering their mail. The one that makes me laugh now is a foreign family that have just moved onto my walk. the father is called 'Doh Ray Doh'. One of the kids is called 'Eh Paw Gay Tha Doh' - that is the exact spelling :chuckle
rossheatherill
Posts: 10
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 15:13
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by rossheatherill »

A Dick

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BettySwollocks
Posts: 346
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 16:12

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by BettySwollocks »

One of my mates had the following on his walk,

Mr Baritone Shakes

Mr Gaylord Battle
Villadaft
Posts: 77
Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 20:32
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Villadaft »

Miss N.Link
Ronald McDonald
Fred West(honest his brother is called John)
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by BELIAL »

Sounds fishy to me
Bye
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by arnold cheshire »

mr g roper
Easter_Postie
Posts: 16
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 12:03
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by Easter_Postie »

MR T Urban
eian687
Posts: 743
Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
Location: south wales

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by eian687 »

I P Freely
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by POSTMAN »

Paula Rump :whistle
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote:Paula Rump :whistle
That don't count....it's a made up name...it was in the Courier. :no no
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:Paula Rump :whistle
That don't count....it's a made up name...it was in the Courier. :no no
Respect.?.......gone. :Very Happy
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
homerj
Posts: 53
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 19:28
Gender: Male

Re: Weird names you've seen?

Post by homerj »

Any Red Dwarf fans ?
I deliver to A J Rimmer :)