ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Customer not able to speak English

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Customer not able to speak English

Post by stokes11eg »

POSTMAN wrote:
Indy wrote:
POSTMAN wrote::d'oh!
Not again,ok so are we in agreement with 739ing refused or just not in,collect/redeliver later? :nervous
O.K to put this one to bed.... I've been reliably informed that the correct RM procedure is to deal with it as a REFUSAL no matter how unfair it seems. If you I was to 739 and a complaint came in it would be treated as minor unless there were other factors involved.

I know that everyone here APPEARS to assume that this is a black, asian etc thing but the post actually related to an experience I had with a blonde Norwegian woman.
Personally i wouldn't do that,i would card it/collect/redeliver later.
Common sense me thinks.

And where did you get your info from as there is no official procudere on this.
In our office a refusal means just that, and is endorsed as such.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Customer not able to speak English

Post by clashcityrocker »

Indy wrote: the post actually related to an experience I had with a blonde Norwegian woman.
How is the colour of her hair relevant? :wink:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Customer not able to speak English

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Indy wrote: the post actually related to an experience I had with a blonde Norwegian woman.
How is the colour of her hair relevant? :wink:
Image :nervous :nervous
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Customer not able to speak English

Post by POSTMAN »

stokes11eg wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
Indy wrote:
POSTMAN wrote::d'oh!
Not again,ok so are we in agreement with 739ing refused or just not in,collect/redeliver later? :nervous
O.K to put this one to bed.... I've been reliably informed that the correct RM procedure is to deal with it as a REFUSAL no matter how unfair it seems. If you I was to 739 and a complaint came in it would be treated as minor unless there were other factors involved.

I know that everyone here APPEARS to assume that this is a black, asian etc thing but the post actually related to an experience I had with a blonde Norwegian woman.
Personally i wouldn't do that,i would card it/collect/redeliver later.
Common sense me thinks.

And where did you get your info from as there is no official procudere on this.
In our office a refusal means just that, and is endorsed as such.
But they are not refusing it.Not in this instance anyway.

But on the flip side,i am guessing they can see we are postal workers and there is something to sign.

It's a strange one but i will stick with carding it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.