ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Using a car on delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Using a car on delivery

Post by bunkerland »

DGP1 wrote:Image

I'm thinking of getting one of these, somewhere to prep too and have a pee and a break (not to mention somewhere to sleep because that's all we'll be doing).
This is the future,these babies could provide a massive "starburst" with each office split into platoons,i bagsie being in the A Team.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Using a car on delivery

Post by HTPostman »

belle smith wrote: But if you were being left miles away from were you left your car that morning and expected to make your own way back (as the origonator of the thread is and i was) would you not be tempted to use it?
I drive my car to work. This is what I do. I inform my DOM my driver has left without me (because i've had 30mins time to prep walksorted, flats, parcels, D2D's, redirections, kills off, bag up). We then load all my bags into the DOMs car. I get in my car, my DOM gets in his and follows me, I drop my car somewhere near my round, normally at a friends or my Mums house. I then get in the DOM's car, and we go to all the bag drops. I wish him a good day. Then I have a 5/10min walk back to my car at the end.

Works perfect for me. My bank account agrees too.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Using a car on delivery

Post by krussel »

HTPostman wrote:I then get in the DOM's car, and we go to all the bag drops
:shock: :shock: :left: :left: :left: :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Using a car on delivery

Post by NewPostieUK »

Why do you go to all the bag drops? Do you get paid for this? Wouldn't it ne easier for him to drop you off at the start, so you can get on, then he can drop your bags off himself?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Using a car on delivery

Post by krussel »

Or perhaps do a bag or two on his way back to the office :dance

Crazy :roll:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: Using a car on delivery

Post by plainpat »

NewPostieUK wrote:Why do you go to all the bag drops? Do you get paid for this? Wouldn't it ne easier for him to drop you off at the start, so you can get on, then he can drop your bags off himself?
Yeah, but then he would have to get out of the car and, you know, actually have to lift up the bags and like, unlock the drop box and well, put the bags inside and......nah he couldn't cope with the pressure :whistle
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: Using a car on delivery

Post by HTPostman »

NewPostieUK wrote:Why do you go to all the bag drops? Do you get paid for this? Wouldn't it ne easier for him to drop you off at the start, so you can get on, then he can drop your bags off himself?
I get paid for every second. I don't work for free. He never knows where the bagdrops are (would you trust your manager to put 7/8 bags in the correct drops?) and besides, most of the time there is only 1 key for a bag drop so a driver/manager etc has to come with you.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526