ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The new uniform?
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: The new uniform?
No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it. 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
Well personaally I don't get beyond page threebandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
dvbuk55 wrote:Well personaally I don't get beyond page threebandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it.
...but that in itself has worn something out.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: The new uniform?
And I can vouch for thatfishtank wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Well personaally I don't get beyond page threebandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it.
...but that in itself has worn something out.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: The new uniform?
DGP1 wrote:And I can vouch for thatfishtank wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Well personaally I don't get beyond page threebandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it.
...but that in itself has worn something out.
Ok all in the naughty room NOW
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
JudasDGP1 wrote:And I can vouch for thatfishtank wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Well personaally I don't get beyond page threebandit650 wrote:No i dont suppose reading the sun news paper would wear anything out would it.
...but that in itself has worn something out.
-
Pegman
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 27 Aug 2009, 22:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Deep South
Re: The new uniform?
No but they can afford to send three vans on schedules on the same industrial estate 5 days a weekDorset Plodder wrote:I can appreciate some colleagues aren't willing to pay out for their own kit, that's their choice (and there's no right or wrong point of view) However in the Forces they've got a saying, "Any **** can rough it!".
Used to get the same argument then, but if you're out in the shitty rain all day just saying, "They issued it and I'm going to wear it!" doesn't keep you dry.![]()
Yanks used to have a saying, "Remember your equipment has been supplied by the lowest bidder" same goes for us Royal Fail can't afford to issue us with decent kit.
http://www.onlyoneunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
100% United, 100% Unofficial
100% United, 100% Unofficial
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8958
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
"Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUNCaniel wrote:The fleece could be bright purple with pink dots all over it for all I care, it's a uniform that's provided FREE and serves a purpose that purpose being to get worn out from all the work I do rather than my own clothes and shoes getting worn out. I work on deliveries so I don't walk to work in the evenings it also means that due to the amount work I do I wear out trousers, shorts and shoes quite fast. I used to wear my own trainers on delivery when I first started but quickly stopped when the soles were getting worn out after a month. However standing round in a MC sorting packets or reading The SUN next to the LSM isn't going to wear out a pair of jeans or trainers any time soonblue1873 wrote:soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the pissi'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: The new uniform?
Yeah the Union is meant to be a militant one they should be reading Morning Starblue1873 wrote: "Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUNgo wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8958
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yeah the Union is meant to be a militant one they should be reading Morning Starblue1873 wrote: "Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUNgo wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam
![]()
![]()
TBT.... "Milliant" does NOT appear to be a word our union has any understanding of
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
blue1873 wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yeah the Union is meant to be a militant one they should be reading Morning Starblue1873 wrote: "Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUNgo wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam
![]()
![]()
TBT.... "Milliant" does NOT appear to be a word our union has any understanding of![]()
Nor me truth be told
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: The new uniform?
Sorry I should have said The Sportblue1873 wrote:"Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUNCaniel wrote:The fleece could be bright purple with pink dots all over it for all I care, it's a uniform that's provided FREE and serves a purpose that purpose being to get worn out from all the work I do rather than my own clothes and shoes getting worn out. I work on deliveries so I don't walk to work in the evenings it also means that due to the amount work I do I wear out trousers, shorts and shoes quite fast. I used to wear my own trainers on delivery when I first started but quickly stopped when the soles were getting worn out after a month. However standing round in a MC sorting packets or reading The SUN next to the LSM isn't going to wear out a pair of jeans or trainers any time soonblue1873 wrote:soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the pissi'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has.
go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8958
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: The new uniform?
Ahem my dear in our MC management don't allow papers,food or drink in the work areasCaniel wrote:Sorry I should have said The Sportblue1873 wrote:"Standing next to an LSM reading THE SUNCaniel wrote:The fleece could be bright purple with pink dots all over it for all I care, it's a uniform that's provided FREE and serves a purpose that purpose being to get worn out from all the work I do rather than my own clothes and shoes getting worn out. I work on deliveries so I don't walk to work in the evenings it also means that due to the amount work I do I wear out trousers, shorts and shoes quite fast. I used to wear my own trainers on delivery when I first started but quickly stopped when the soles were getting worn out after a month. However standing round in a MC sorting packets or reading The SUN next to the LSM isn't going to wear out a pair of jeans or trainers any time soonblue1873 wrote:soCaneil you reckon it's irrelevant our view on the new "uniform" fortunately i work in an MC and dont have to face the public wearing the latest piss take from RM .......you must be very easily pleased with your attire.I can imagine what it will be like walking through some of our inner cities in the dark evenings on your way to work and being spotted by some of the "young team" wearing your bright new RED FLEECE! then there will be more than RM taking the pissi'm quite sure they will show the same level of "Dignity & RESPECT" that RM has.
go wash your mouth out with extremely hot water and carbolic soap you cheeky madam