ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Funny Names

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Funny Names

Post by RedBagMan »

Entering into the spirit of things - I've a Paul Daniel and an S. Limer ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
eian687
Posts: 743
Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
Location: south wales

Re: Funny Names

Post by eian687 »

Dwayne pipe
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16741
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Funny Names

Post by clashcityrocker »

krussel wrote:Once had a dear old lady in an old folks home Miss Ivy Swallow, no joke :shock:

On the letters Miss. I. Swallow :left:
Had in the Biblical sense?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Funny Names

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
krussel wrote:Once had a dear old lady in an old folks home Miss Ivy Swallow, no joke :shock:

On the letters Miss. I. Swallow :left:
Had in the Biblical sense?
I hear no teeth is the way to go :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Funny Names

Post by BELIAL »

Iris Tew ; with dumplings or in the name of the law
Bye
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16741
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Funny Names

Post by clashcityrocker »

I.P. Daily - he wrote The Yellow River.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
kiltyscot
Posts: 37
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 22:08

Re: Funny Names

Post by kiltyscot »

SHONA DICK

MUNGUS MCCALLUM

MR P NESS
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Funny Names

Post by Eric Cantona »

Sadiq Wanka on my walk. no lie..
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Funny Names

Post by smokerjim »

A Dr Jo King on one of mine, and on the same one is the Afaik ( 'net acronym, As Far As I Know ) family - & for a rude one, on another walk I do is Mr Asseter....which once in a while is misspelled as Asseater ( Ass Eater ) :left:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: Funny Names

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

My postie hubby has a couple of good 'uns from his days in the Royal Navy:

Radio Operator Tate : Call for R.O. Tate?

Weapons Engineer Mechanic Burley: Call for W.E.M. Burley

(snigger) :chuckle
Or the call that went out for the hockey team:
'Please can all team members return their sticks to the PTI and balls to the Master at Arms!!

Pfffffffffffft............ :dance, don't forget Mr Mashiter!!
Terry Butcher
Posts: 107
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: Funny Names

Post by Terry Butcher »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I have an ex-England defender (T Butcher) and a paranormal FBI investigator (D Scully) on my round! :left:
So YOU are my postie?!
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Funny Names

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Terry Butcher wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:I have an ex-England defender (T Butcher) and a paranormal FBI investigator (D Scully) on my round! :left:
So YOU are my postie?!
Well I must be, there's only one Terry Butcher in the world! :chuckle

I only noticed the name during the days preceeding the world cup and then half-expected to find a B Robson and M Hately, as some sort of wind-up by management sending out "test parcels/letters." :crazy:
RandyBeanz
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: Funny Names

Post by RandyBeanz »

I've got a woman on my run, Mrs I Dick

Iona Dick
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: Funny Names

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

How about Mr Wanachuck? And no, he doesn't work for RM :Very Happy
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

Re: Funny Names

Post by alloria »

This thread could be about street names as well?

For instance, I have a South Park!

Also, there is a street nearby called Chuckethall Road, what I say is do I deliver the mail, or do I chuck-it-all?
Vote no on the "Agreement"