dvbuk55 wrote:Wonder if the "job security" includes the 75/25 split, or if that is watered down even further..................mind you that has been eroded since day 1, we were 60/40 and now 50/50. I wonder what that split is now 12 months down the line nationally. We were supposed have job security under the last agreement......
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
London Dispute Update
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: London Dispute Update
-
barbario
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28
Re: London Dispute Update
Thats exactly what i want to know before i agree to any deal.fishtank wrote:I'm afraid to say dingo,that the current boards assurances on job security are pretty much worthless.dingo wrote: Job sercurity is one of the issues in the national talks and with revealing too much on the London talks we have made some massive strides on that issue.
Not only are they proven liars...they are very unlikely to be in position in 12-18 months time.
The whole dynamic of "job security" changes after privatisation.
Our members are not gullible enough to fall for promises made now that will be meaningless later.
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Unless it involves a lump sum that is!fishtank wrote: Our members are not gullible enough to fall for promises made now that will be meaningless later.
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
No, you shouldn't.Straight4ward wrote:I know I shouldn’t speculate
These are people's livelihoods being fecked about, at the whim of Royal Mail, and you're making jokes about 'bets' on the possible outcomes ?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
You couldn't be more wrong.wandle wrote:No, you shouldn't.Straight4ward wrote:I know I shouldn’t speculate
These are people's livelihoods being fecked about, at the whim of Royal Mail, and you're making jokes about 'bets' on the possible outcomes ?
Speculation is good,speculation means people are interested enough to speculate,jokes,bets,disagreements are always better than silence.
The alternative is apathy and disinterest.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Well it looks like the agreement in principle has gone down like a lead balloon seeing as how there hasn't been an update on the day.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: London Dispute Update
Give it time DVB its still monday, maybe tueNo further comms will be communicated until a meeting the London Branch`s takes place on Monday.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Sorry Glenno, I'm probably a bit premature,..............not the first time I've been accused of thatGlenno wrote:Give it time DVB its still monday, maybe tueNo further comms will be communicated until a meeting the London Branch`s takes place on Monday.![]()
-
north london driver
- Posts: 560
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
well there should be some good meetings tomorrow morning.
if this dont come off for union headquaters then it could be bye-bye
from many staff, we are still in shock from the last deal we was told to except.
then we didnt listern then. it will be the usal if it wasnt for the ballot we would
not got this new deal.
if this dont come off for union headquaters then it could be bye-bye
from many staff, we are still in shock from the last deal we was told to except.
then we didnt listern then. it will be the usal if it wasnt for the ballot we would
not got this new deal.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: London Dispute Update
Lets noi forget there are National Issues at stake here also: Pensions, Colleague Shares, Delivery Methods etc lets see what comes out of this .........wunk....wink
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
Wunk wink,is that like a new Masons thing?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
drb
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 30 Jan 2007, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: London Dispute Update
I am telling you lot...they are all Free Masons! (Ha Ha)
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: London Dispute Update
Imotep is the secret word you need to knowdrb wrote:I am telling you lot...they are all Free Masons! (Ha Ha)
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: London Dispute Update
DGP1 wrote:Imotep is the secret word you need to knowdrb wrote:I am telling you lot...they are all Free Masons! (Ha Ha)but don't tell anyone you heard it from me

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: London Dispute Update
PMSL Teebs
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio