ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

You can now order LED torches!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
panzer4
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 173
Joined: 25 Jul 2015, 10:58
Gender: Male

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by panzer4 »

FAB wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:Hark at you lot... sounds like something out of Last of the Summer Wine! :Very Happy

We all know this job has turned to shite, it's a shame because it did used to be a very enjoyable job. :Boo hoo! I don't miss the early bedtimes at 2000 though. :thumbdown

Whenever I bump into an OLD Postie who starts going on about what a great job it is I just say, "If you haven't been a Postie within the last 10 years ... You haven't got a clue mate"! :cuppa
There is an old ex postie on my round who is about 90 who keeps saying he would jump at the chance of getting back in! :crazy:
That’s the trouble when you get old two things happen one your memory goes and the other????oh s**t I can’t remember :left:
neilgg
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
Gender: Male

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by neilgg »

No batteries in the torch that just arrived for me.
Downeagle
Posts: 68
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 08:30
Gender: Male

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by Downeagle »

I got one yesterday and no batteries
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by k979aaa »

Downeagle wrote:I got one yesterday and no batteries
Batteries not included!
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

Sounds about right. You couldn’t make it up could you.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by k979aaa »

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:Sounds about right. You couldn’t make it up could you.
Years ago you could easily get batteries for your torch now they have to take them from the DOMS back and he will stop working!
FAB
Posts: 234
Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
Gender: Male

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by FAB »

At least without battery's it gets off to a better start. The old bulky torches always had corroded battery's in them!
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

You can now order LED torches!!!

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

Right then,

I just ordered mine. I still have one of those Royal Mail egg-shaped ones I used for the past couple of winters, but I'll give this newfangled LED flashlight a tryout.