ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
E-Trikes: Will this work?
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 789
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
They wouldn’t be a bad idea on a few of the HCT rounds they might be able to carry there own bulk then.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
It wouldn't even fit up the Shambles lol.Nick b wrote:Might work in York as it's the only city thats: a. Flat. b. Is cycle friendly. Anywhere else forget it for many many reasons that previous contributers have mentioned.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
I’d take one of these right now.
I get on with my park and loop partner really well, friends outside of work, and we both say if they cut our job in half and gave us one of these each we’d take the deal no question.
I get on with my park and loop partner really well, friends outside of work, and we both say if they cut our job in half and gave us one of these each we’d take the deal no question.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
I'd love this. Every walk I've ever done would work better as a single duty. Everybody back on there own again, it'd work. Obviously you'd still need the vans for rurals, firm and collection jobs but I think for most those would be great.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
I would love to use them.Alot of negativity on here >?
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
You say allot negativity. I say allot of valid points that no one seems to be addressing.2pints wrote:I would love to use them.Alot of negativity on here >?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q504.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like it's a possibility that a car or motor bike license would be required to use them, which would effectively make a having a valid car license mandatory for all DO staff
Looks like it's a possibility that a car or motor bike license would be required to use them, which would effectively make a having a valid car license mandatory for all DO staff
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
There is no engine as such therefore license not needed.SpacePhoenix wrote:https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q504.htm
Looks like it's a possibility that a car or motor bike license would be required to use them, which would effectively make a having a valid car license mandatory for all DO staff
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
Good to see they come with mirrors. Given the amount of traffic in my delivery area I will at least get vast amounts of pleasure from seeing the 2 mile tailback behind me as I pedal along. Happy days.
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
E-Trikes: Will this work?
Much better than pushing the heavy cart for couple of miles every day. Postal staff in the third world countries do not push HCT .... bring it on .... thank you Royal Mail .
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
E-Trikes: Will this work?
The Netherlands is renowned for being flat!Jahpostie wrote:Seen something similar in the Netherlands. Bring it on.
They'd be wonderful for a centralised DO but our office is a unit on a trading estate 20 mins walk from the nearest house and the majority of deliveries are beyond that, it'll be a long ride out to the first delivery point and it's not like the old days where you could put a bike in the back of a van and get dropped off.
-
Jahpostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 318
- Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
I thought they were electric - so you'll peddle but assisted by the battery so no resistance up the hills.Mr Blonde wrote:The Netherlands is renowned for being flat!Jahpostie wrote:Seen something similar in the Netherlands. Bring it on.
They'd be wonderful for a centralised DO but our office is a unit on a trading estate 20 mins walk from the nearest house and the majority of deliveries are beyond that, it'll be a long ride out to the first delivery point and it's not like the old days where you could put a bike in the back of a van and get dropped off.
-
Danelectro
- Posts: 1058
- Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02
E-Trikes: Will this work?
It's a fact that no matter which direction of travel and no matter where in the world wind,rain,sleet and snow only approaches a postie head on.
Thats why In 1956 Granton -on - Spey delivery office were deployed by the US Military to divert a hurricane heading for New York City by staring out of a dinghy on Loch Muick.
Thats why In 1956 Granton -on - Spey delivery office were deployed by the US Military to divert a hurricane heading for New York City by staring out of a dinghy on Loch Muick.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12196
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
E-Trikes: Will this work?
Depends on the motor wattage by the looks of it:Biker Mouse wrote:There is no engine as such therefore license not needed.SpacePhoenix wrote:https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q504.htm
Looks like it's a possibility that a car or motor bike license would be required to use them, which would effectively make a having a valid car license mandatory for all DO staff
https://www.raleigh.co.uk/electric-bike-laws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EAPC is an acronym for ‘electrically assisted pedal cycles’ – another way of saying electric bike. To be classed as an EAPC, a bike must meet certain requirements. It must have pedals that can be used to propel it. On the bike itself it must show either the power output or the manufacturer of the motor. Plus it must show either the batteries voltage or the maximum speed of the bike.
The electric motor on the bike must have a maximum continuous power output of no more than 250 watts and should not be able to propel the bike when it’s travelling more than 15.5mph.
If any bike doesn’t meet these regulations, then it is classed as a motorcycle, moped or speed pedelec, it will then need to be registered and taxed. You’ll need a driving licence and a crash helmet for these.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
E-Trikes: Will this work?
Dont get me wrong I loved it when we had bikes,but I thought one of the reasons RM got rid of them was for health and safety reasons,ok I know these are trikes,but I can see them being a lot more dangerous than an ordinary 2 wheeled bike,for instance they could tip up so easily,I suppose you would have to take all your mail out with you,just imagine the weight,ok I know it will be electric but it will still be hard work and not like the good old bikes where you could nip along these could cause really bad traffic queues.
I can understand a lot of the posties wanting to go back working on their own,really they should never have got rid of the bikes in the first place,oh the good old days,infact I was really quite sad when I had to stop using mine.
I can understand a lot of the posties wanting to go back working on their own,really they should never have got rid of the bikes in the first place,oh the good old days,infact I was really quite sad when I had to stop using mine.