DrSatan wrote:
Just curious as to why we shouldn't just take it all and ring them later if that's what is instructed?
Genuine question. Every time I tell my manager I have to finish on time or by a certain time, i get the 'see how you get on' response. To which i assume means, if i cant complete then i should ring with an update as soon as possible.
The other response is a popular one in the office too, which is 'pull out' or 'thin' the mail.
This is just Management Bullshit mate. Have you ever taken it all out and suddenly discovered you were able to deliver it all in time allowed? Bet you haven't

They may have instructed you to do it but it's not a viable solution is it? You'll have to try a new approach, perhaps along the lines of,
"So you are telling me that if I phone you, and I've still got loads to do, then I should bring it back"? It's just a game they like to play, and unfortunately you've got to learn to play it as well.
Sometimes a Manager may tell you to
"Stream"... "Cull"...."Pull Out"..... or "Thin" the mail. If you do it it's called
"Wilful Delay", and could end up costing you your job. I'm not sure what it is if a Manger suggests it? I'd suggest it's STILL
"Wilful Delay".

If you want to play safe you could ask them to put it in writing.... He never will and will have to choose another option. Perhaps leave Parcels behind or leave a street's worth of mail?
