ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by maisymoo04 »

DGH wrote:There is no way (at least it's vanishingly improbable) that in three years and over multiple deliveries he's never had a special or a foreign signed for parcel where the recipient was not in (he'd be unable to leave either of those items with a neighbour). I could just about believe it, those two sorts of parcels excepted, if he was a regular on one delivery that he's done for a while.
very correct DGH :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by CPTNemoUK »

danterossetti wrote:Absolutely ludicrous. What about the letterboxes with don't deliver to neighbours sticker on?
Also has he never had a parcel that says. Do not deliver to neighbour. :hmmmm. This whole story wiffs of bull sh*t
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by ted_e_bear »

I had to laugh as the twat had left a packet in the blue bin the week before and it went missing nearly loosing his job [lots of OT and sucks the boss off so was ok]
I love the unique way we talk about our "valued" colleagues. :Applause :Applause
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by fishtank »

It's got to be an April fool.
Is he Phil McArdin, the P739 king?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by postslippete »

Wow, if only I had the time to try 18 neighbours to leave a parcel that is a dozen doors away. What if you get a dodgy neighbour that takes the parcel off you and then decides not to give it to the intended recipient claiming they didn't take a parcel at all? What are Royal Mail going to do - knock on their door asking what happened to that parcel or ask you what you done with it?

And what if the person that you left the card at number 1 to collect the item at number 18 then takes the parcel from number 18 but decides to drive up to callers claiming that they never received it at all?? :hmmmm

Sometimes, its best to just do the job the way it was intended
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Phil never fails to deliver a parcel

Post by Janet Brum »

redheadedwoman wrote:
mattycash wrote:I knock once, count 123 I'm writing the card out, never ever tried a neighbour, my record is 3 full mail sacks, hopefully you piss off the customer that much having to keep turning up @ the office, they'll stop ordering shite off the internet? Wonder if they'll feature me in that publication?
That shite is keeping you, me and everybody else in the firm in a job :shock:
Exactly that !

I bet you never did callers office, did you mattycash? You should...
dodgyinlaws
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 69
Joined: 28 Jan 2011, 21:19
Gender: Male

Phil never fails to deliver a parcel

Post by dodgyinlaws »

loverman shabba wrote:This kind of postie is the tit managers love. working over for free probably. Probably goes in early for free too
He does
Momo90210
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 Apr 2011, 19:41
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by Momo90210 »

Is Phil single by any chance? :hmmmm
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by maisymoo04 »

ted_e_bear wrote:
I had to laugh as the twat had left a packet in the blue bin the week before and it went missing nearly loosing his job [lots of OT and sucks the boss off so was ok]
I love the unique way we talk about our "valued" colleagues. :Applause :Applause
hahahaha I no :dance :dance :shock: :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by maisymoo04 »

we should get him on THE CHAT :whistle :whistle :whistle :nervous :nervous :nervous
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by kookoo32 »

I don't think there's been a day in the last 10 years where I've come back with nothing. Might give Phil a shout and ask how I plan my route delivering 20+ specials a day so I get rid of them. Just think of the savings Royal Mail make in Phil's office on P739 cards.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by Jpro747 »

None of this is true. This is just another made up story by RM to try and make everyone look bad and so we should all aspire to be like Phil...
elteleltel
Posts: 120
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
Gender: Male
Location: Hertfordshire

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by elteleltel »

JPro , my thoughts exactly ... update from Moya " be like Phil " must be signing for stuff and delivering it .
Just seen an article saying that a Postman signed for a recorded containing an autograph and the dog ate it .2 nd time at same house allegedly
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by maninred »

Absolute comedy gold :chuckle
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

MRM.COM : Phil never fails to deliver a parcel (3 years!)

Post by crimson king »

k979aaa wrote:The only people who fail for the most part are customers if you order something be in or not in the back garden or have your headphones on or cannot be bothered to get out of bed this is why half the stuff goes back to the office. A lot of neighbours will often refuse as they feel they are being used had one guy threaten me for asking if he would take his next door neighbours parcel kind of put's you off asking anybody again!
Yep, I've had a couple tell me in no uncertain terms to never knock their door again if it's not their stuff. I've also got several people on my duty who refuse to sign for their neighbours because they can't stand them and are very vocal about it at the door. Not much community spirit on a couple of my walks.

And if Phil had some of the blocks of flats I deliver to he wouldn't be trying 18 neighbours. If he could manage to rouse any of them from their drugged stupor I'd defy him to get beyond three before getting tired of the insults or assaulted :nana
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.