ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Poll : How did you vote?
-
Aquarius
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40
Poll : How did you vote?
100% YES
Every Time
Bring it ON
Viva la revolución
Every Time
Bring it ON
Viva la revolución
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
I've done a quick site search so apologies if this isn't 100% accurate:Dorset Plodder wrote: Do we have the actual figures for the last Strike to compare with the results our Straw Poll threw up then?
2007
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 19% no. Total Votes 771.
Actual result: 78% yes. 62% turnout
2009
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 15% no. Total votes 454
Actual result: 76% yes. 67% turnout.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Poll : How did you vote?
So it's looking like 90% "yes" this time then.wannabeek wrote:I've done a quick site search so apologies if this isn't 100% accurate:Dorset Plodder wrote: Do we have the actual figures for the last Strike to compare with the results our Straw Poll threw up then?
2007
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 19% no. Total Votes 771.
Actual result: 78% yes. 62% turnout
2009
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 15% no. Total votes 454
Actual result: 76% yes. 67% turnout.
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
yeah but Billy Hayes the yes man has gone , Terry pullinger and co mean businessDirtyHarry wrote:Although I lost all faith in the CWU after the last strike, and still have little faith in them, I voted 'Yes.'
Any port in a storm to kick RM senior managers, directors, shareholders, in the bollocks, is how I see it.
-
glfp
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18
Poll : How did you vote?
it's a NO for me guys.gary1975 wrote:yeah but Billy Hayes the yes man has gone , Terry pullinger and co mean businessDirtyHarry wrote:Although I lost all faith in the CWU after the last strike, and still have little faith in them, I voted 'Yes.'
Any port in a storm to kick RM senior managers, directors, shareholders, in the bollocks, is how I see it.
As a part time floater I have never received one ounce of help from any senior members who all have easy rounds and yet moan, moan, moan.
I complained in a wtl that I haven't had a saturday off in 9 months and not one person backed me up - the cwu rep even said " operational needs"
I'll do my 25 hours same as usual - which is what I do every week.
I've come to realise its each man for himself with royal mail so I'm voting for me.
If I dont like any changes then I'll leave and get another job.
Not too sure if its true but another part time said in 2008 the CWU stitched up 2008 + starters with pensions.
Not meaning to antagonise but thats how I feel
ATB
Graham
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
Pension changes for new starters were never agreed as far as I was aware.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
Well thanks for the honesty. I'm not going to slag you off that's what democracy is about. I know Part Timers have had a shite deal for years, and haven't been helped out very much by the CWU & local Reps. It was a good tactic by RM to divide the workforce and have them at each others throats. I believe the CWU should have been a bit smarter and helped to avoid the two tier workforce scenario long ago..glfp wrote:
it's a NO for me guys.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
I think that's pretty twisted logic personally. Your situation currently sucks so instead of standing up for yourself and trying to get a better situation, you'll just accept whatever meagre scraps the bosses will toss you.glfp wrote: it's a NO for me guys.
I've come to realise its each man for himself with royal mail so I'm voting for me.
If I dont like any changes then I'll leave and get another job.
What makes you think other jobs will be so rosy if even the CWU with all its might cannot defend workers' rights?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
Did you put in a grievance with the manager over not getting 1 in 6 saturdays off? Did you make the area rep aware?glfp wrote:
it's a NO for me guys.
As a part time floater I have never received one ounce of help from any senior members who all have easy rounds and yet moan, moan, moan.
I complained in a wtl that I haven't had a saturday off in 9 months and not one person backed me up - the cwu rep even said " operational needs"
If you sit back nothing will change, and that's precisely what you've done by voting no. You don't have a voice so nothing will change. Seems pretty defeatist.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
As rule of thumb if the actual vote is only slightly behind our Straw Pole it's looking pretty good for something like a 90% YES!Lounge Lizard wrote:So it's looking like 90% "yes" this time then.wannabeek wrote:
2007
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 19% no. Total Votes 771.
Actual result: 78% yes. 62% turnout
2009
RMC poll result: 81% yes. 15% no. Total votes 454
Actual result: 76% yes. 67% turnout.
Totally unscientific I know but it's going to be about as accurate as most of the "Professional" Predictions for both The Brexit Referendum and the last General Election.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Poll : How did you vote?
DB,
And it might have been just 80% if Royal Mail hadn't sent us each a dozen postcards etc. urging us to vote "no" and all those PDA messages with the same propaganda message.
And it might have been just 80% if Royal Mail hadn't sent us each a dozen postcards etc. urging us to vote "no" and all those PDA messages with the same propaganda message.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Poll : How did you vote?
That's a shame "glfp" but I can see where you are coming from. If you feel it in you and given that you may be leaving anyway I'd love it if you voted YES. Personally I think a YES vote will benefit you but there is little point in arguing that. A YES vote for a total stranger would be appreciated and should our paths ever cross I'll buy you a pint. :)
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
Nice sentiment Spedley, I like it. However, this is a poll of people who have already cast their vote.
-
Jammie1000000
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
I voted Yes. I am leaving shortly but I know the importance of the yes vote on the T's & C's of my colleagues. Since privatization, RM has gone drastically downhill and nowadays managers aren't interested in any issues and colleagues don't tend to work as a team anymore.
Change is definitely needed
Change is definitely needed
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Poll : How did you vote?
Thanks a lot Jammie.Jammie1000000 wrote:I voted Yes. I am leaving shortly but I know the importance of the yes vote on the T's & C's of my colleagues. Since privatization, RM has gone drastically downhill and nowadays managers aren't interested in any issues and colleagues don't tend to work as a team anymore.
Change is definitely needed
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)